Wednesday, April 22, 2020

New Layout - From 4 Wheels to 2

Happy Hump Day! Another week half over, I just don't understand why time seems to go some much quicker under quarentine. We are hunkered down and staying isolated. I little bit of stir crazy may be in affect.

I finished a layout late this evening. This is of DD learning to ride her bike without training wheels. Such a major milestone. She was so proud of herself!



I played along with a couple of fun challenges for this layout.  First, I played along with CSI Case File No. 317. I solved this case solidly! I used the color scheme, although mine ended up more orangey-red than pink; but there is plenty of pink in the photos. From the scene I used an older paper kit from SEI. For product clues I used ribbon, stickers, die cuts, a bicycle, and a a "girly" collection. For design clues I had multiple elements cascading down or floating up my page, including circles, hearts, and butterflies. I also used circle design elements and I create movement with pen dots at the butterflies, a wavy sticker with ribbon that looks like it is flying, and movement with my photos as my daughter physically moved down the street.  Here is the case file:



I also played along with Paper Issues April challenge Take 5.  This month's Take 5 was: 



I used the right side of my layout for this challenge: blue, grey, butterflies, journaling, and 2 photos.  Come over to CSI or Paper Issues and play along!

In addition to using SEI, I used arrow from Recollections, alphabets from Authentique, and October Afternoon, and butterflies from Jenni Bowlin.

Have a wonderful remainder of your week and stay safe.

No comments: