Saturday, October 6, 2012

LOAD 5&6 Layout - 1st Ocean Experience

This is #5&6 layout for me! I am taking the LOAD (LayOut A Day) challenge over at Let's Scrap. I am at #32 & 33 if you count my digital layouts.  I've very excited about how much I am getting done. This layout is the very first time that we took Maddie in the ocean. It was during our Aruba vacation and she LOVED it!


For the left side I used an overlay from ScrapYourTrip.com. I didn't have anything for the right side, so I improvised.  I started with BasicGrey sketch 10.1.12.  Here is the sketch:

The BasicGrey product I used was the bookplate for the titlework. I wanted the word experience in the title, but that is a long word. I found it on a scrap of paper I had that actually matched my color scheme, but I needed a way to highlight it. The bookplate was perfect, but not quite long enough. My solution, use the bookplate and then add an oversized metal E. Here is a closeup shot:


I also wanted to join in the challenge over at Paper Girls to use transparencies or acetate on your layout (Challenge #17). I found this transparency I had from Little Yellow Bicycle and thought it would work perfect for the sketch that I was using.  Here is a closeup of the transparency.


The transparencies say, "vacation" and "memories". I adhered them with little brads of the same color.


Here is a closeup of my journaling and a couple more photos enlarged, including the title. I used Tim Holtz grunge board and distress stain for the 1.



Materials used: paper - ScrapYourTrip and Making Memories; transparencies - LYB; overlay - ScrapYourTrip; title - Tim Holtz, American Crafts thickers (Niki Riki), bookplate - BasicGrey; seashells - Jolee's; brads - unknown; border strip - K&Company; popdots - Forever in Time.

Thanks for visiting!

No comments: