Tuesday, July 7, 2020

New Layout - Goodbye Mia

Hello all,


I'm scrapping away. With the loss of our friend David Winfrey, I was feeling blue and thought it was a good time to finally scrap the loss of our fur-baby, Mia. We adopted her from the SPCA in 2007 as a puppy. She was a mixed mutt, but was an amazing protector and loving friend. It was a very hard day for us all. 

I played along with More than Words July Challenge - Goodbye & Monochromatic.


Word Inspiration - GOODBYE
Creative Challenge - MONOCHROMATIC

I used blue for my monochromatic theme and used Goodbye in my title. It was a sad day that I've been avoiding scrapbooking. This challenged helped me finally get the memory recorded and let the tears flow.

I also played along wtih Archi-Scraps July challenge Art Deco




This one was difficult and I tried my best to add Art Deco to my layout. I used Fleur-de-Lis background paper, ribbon that mimic's fans, arches in the title "Family", pearls and metal in the "O", and pearl  arch shape in the top left corner. 

For this layout I used paper from chatterboxinc.com, stud from Prima, glitter dots from SEI, pearls from Prima, blue bling from Heidi Swapp, stickers from Bella Blvd, title and jounaling block from MME, letter stickers from October Afternoon, label sticker from MME, stamps and ink from CTMH, quickutz, and misc. ribbon and arrow from my stash.

Thanks for visiting!

15 comments:

Julene Matthews said...

Thank you for joining in at Archiscraps. I can see Art deco influences there.

Heather McMahon said...

Oh what a touching project! Your dog looks so friendly too. I'm glad that More Than Words was able to inspire you to create such a wonderful tribute. xx

Daisy Ramsay said...

Being a dog lover, I find your creation very touching and it’s a beautiful homage for your dog friend. Your création is so beautiful
Thank you so much for playing along with More Than Words

Dana Tatar said...

It's so hard losing a pet. It looks like your dog had a great life. Thanks for joining us at More Than Words Challenges!

Empire of the Cat said...

Such a hard subject to tackle, thanks for sharing with us. Thanks for joining us at More Than Words - Elle xx

Lanusia said...

Thanks for joining us at More Than Words Challenges. Dogs are our true friends. We'll never forget any of them.

Cecy said...

I´m truly sorry for your loss, our pets are family members, but you honored beautifully with this LO! Thanks for joining us at MTW! xoxo Cecilia

Mitzi Luttrull said...

What a beautiful tribute your double layout is for your fur baby Mia. They are such wonderful members of our families. I’m sorry for your loss. Thanks for joining us at Archiscraps.

Buffy Burnside said...

Beautiful layout filled with wonderful memories! I am sorry for your loss! Thank you for joining the challenge over at Archi-scrap!

Trish said...

Lovely work,thanks for joining in Archiscraps this month

Sarah Dorgere said...

Lovely word!hank you for joining us at MTW this month

LCSmithSAVED said...

***hugs*** You were so clever with the Archi-scraps Art Deco challenge in the many elements you incorporated into this sweet spread! Delighted that you played along this month.

Barb said...

Beautiful work love your colour choice. Thanks for joining us at Archiscraps.

Heike`sAugenBlick said...

So sorry for your loss.... you created a touching scrapbook page, well done!! Thank you so much for joining us at MTW. Stay safe. xoxo Heike

katrinpoemg said...

wow this is very cool, thanks for joining with us at MTW good luck