Thursday, July 4, 2019

New Layout - At the Parade

Happy 4th of July! I hope you have fun celebrations planned. I want to share a new layout I completed from our 4th of July parade and carnival in 2016. My daughter's first experience watching a parade, and of course, trying to catch as much candy as possible being thrown from the floats. During the carnival, she requested a pink tiger from the face painter and a pink snake from the balloon man. She's so silly, but thoroughly enjoyed everything! 



There are a ton of great challenges out for the month of July, so I played along with a couple. First, I was inspired by Scrap with Stacy's Photo Inspiration Challenge. I obviously was inspired by the colors (red, white and blue) as well as the feeling of celebration. Here is the photo, join up and be inspired!


Next, is Paper Girls Challenge #179 Fireworks! What is a layout about the 4th of July without fireworks? I used a kit from Simply Stitched that included all the fun firework stickers.

Finally, one of the July Paper Issues challenges is "Stars and Stripes". How fitting for this month and my layout; I have stars, stripes, and of course red, white and blue! This layout is busier than I typically prefer, but it definitely screams patriotism! I love this country and all who keep us safe!

Have a wonderful 4th and enjoy with family and friends! Thanks so much for visiting!

1 comment:

Aimeslee Winans said...

Hello, Jessica. Have a bit of time waiting for what I'm working on to dry so thought I'd come TRY to catch up. My gosh, I wish I could scrap this prolifically! This layout oozes fun on the 4th! Your daughter is quite the camera mug! Y'all definitely had a "blast"! Those stickers are great, love the whole spread. xoxox