Wednesday, June 5, 2019

New Layout - I'll Hold You in My Heart

Happy Wednesday to everyone! I scrapbooked a very solemn event today, my father-in-laws passing. He had been deteriorating for a couple years and didn't know anyone, wasn't verbal, and couldn't walk or take care of himself so he is undeniably in a better place. He has helped my mother-in-law care for my daughter since she was 3 months old and I returned to work. They've lived with us for the last few years, so he was an integral part of my daughters life. His death hit her hard. She sat on the kneeling pew at his side for over an hour during the viewing. She didn't want to leave that spot and drew him pictures and left him notes. After mass, when they loaded his body into the hearse, she stood behind the hearse and wouldn't leave. She's called him "Juito" since she was a baby and couldn't say "Abuelito" (grandfather). It was hard to scrapbook this, but I'm glad I did and that we will always remember and love him until we are together again!



The inspiration to scrap this non-happy event came from the Paper Issues challenge "June Gloom." We scrap the fun and the happy, but shouldn't we also scrap the hard life lessons as well? 

I used a kit from embellish IT!. If you are looking for a monthly club kit, this one's a winner! Let them know I referred you!

No comments: