Friday, February 16, 2018

Project Life - Week 6

Welcome to Project Life 2018! If you are new to my blog, welcome! I hope you will stay a while. I'm Jessica, wife to Juan, mommy to 6 year old Maddie. I am also an electrical engineer by day and I am participating in Project Life, a different way to record our lives by taking one photo a day. This was inspired by the fabulous Becky Higgins.

I missed posting most of last year and am determined to do better this year!


And finally, my POTW (pictures of the week) - 

Monday - Just another manic Monday.



Tuesday - Today was Maddie's 100 days of school celebration. They had all sorts of activities planned for the day. They had a trail mix of 10 items of 10 (Maddie took Fruit Loops), they each completed a "Sea my 100 collection" (10 pieces of 10 different items glued to a jellyfish), and they were to dress up like they were 100 years old. Nana helped find the perfect outfit from local thrift stores and loaned her my great-grandmother's costume jewelry, a cane, and an old purse. We bought some hair rollers at the dollar store, and Maddie was adamant that we paint her hair white. We ended up with silver hair spray. She looked great. They also had an optional activity where they collect 100 of the same item and put it in a brown paper bag and wrote out 3 "clues" to help the class guess their items. Maddie chose puzzle pieces and wrote out her clues by herself. Unfortunately, I forgot to send the brown bag and clues list with her to school. Ms. Gillum posted this picture of the class sharing their mysteries. I saw it and realized Maddie did not have hers and her little face looks so sad in this picture. I was at work and completely broke down crying. I felt like such a terrible mother. It made me angry that work overshadowed things that are so important to me. 

Thursday - Maddie lost another tooth this evening, her lower 2nd right one. The new tooth has been coming in for about 2-3 weeks and I was adamant she get that old one out or we needed to go to the dentist. She worked on it this evening and managed to rip it out.



Friday - Maddie was excited to see that the Tooth Fairy left her $2.50 and a letter this morning. After lunch with Daddy, Maddie and I headed to Tulsa this afternoon. I picked up Maddie at about noon so we would miss afternoon traffic. We arrived in Tulsa at around 5pm and Kayla and Maddie were super excited to see each other. The girls wanted to wear their matching pajamas and Aunt Angie made a special dessert for them after dinner.








 

Saturday - We took the girls to have "fairy" pictures taken at JCP. Trying to get them both to smile naturally was quite the effort. They also took "best friend" photos in their matching dresses and shoes. After an afternoon at the mall, we headed home where the girls talked us into playing "Pie Face". We all had a great time!

Thanks for visiting!

No comments: