Sunday, February 4, 2018

Project Life - Week 5

Welcome to Project Life 2018! If you are new to my blog, welcome! I hope you will stay a while. I'm Jessica, wife to Juan, mommy to 6 year old Maddie. I am also an electrical engineer by day and I am participating in Project Life, a different way to record our lives by taking one photo a day. This was inspired by the fabulous Becky Higgins.

I missed posting most of last year and am determined to do better this year!


And finally, my POTW (pictures of the week) - 

Monday - Another full week of meetings, Mondays are always full!

Tuesday - PW had their open house this evening. I had meetings all day from 7:30am to 5:30pm for Medical City Plano, so I just stayed for the open house. They are now located in the old high school downtown.

Wednesday - Farm day at school for Maddie. They planted onions in the Giving Garden. The Giving Garden is set up for the homeless and anyone needing some food to take what they need. Also, this week the Kindergarten classes all selected an enrichment program for the week. Maddie chose Architecture and Daddy came to speak to their class today. Yesterday, Mr. Zach Wideman came and spoke about architecture as well. The kids then created structures made with marshmallows and toothpicks. This afternoon, Maddie decided to use Daddy's new exercise ball as a horsie for her to ride. 




Thursday - Maddie "accidentally" cut her hair this week. She was trying to pull out her "chongos" and it got stuck, so she tried to cut the chongo and ended up cutting an entire section of her hair. You can see the hair sticking up at the back of her head. Ms. Gillum posted Maddie's "Very Bad Day" story on ClassDojo. Her story is about Alyssa, Danna's youngest daughter, who stayed with us last weekend. She is almost 3 and apparently upset Maddie a lot. Maddie also posted the sign below on her door the day Alyssa was here and it still resides on her door. "No babies in my room. Maddie" Maddie's story reads, "One day I had a very bad day. I was sad because Alyssa opened one of my chocolates! After dinner Alyssa knocked down my bridge! At night time she was throwing my stuffed animals! Finally, my bad day was over."



Friday - Daddy and I both had very rough weeks and we ended the day with dinner at Mi Concino.

Saturday - Such a busy day today. First thing this morning, Maddie pulled out her top left tooth. It's been loose for days. She needs to pull out the bottom right tooth as her big tooth is already coming in. This is 3rd tooth she's lost. We then took Maddie to the Home Depot Kids event this morning. She made a bean bag toss. She is getting really good at using a hammer. Maddie and I then headed over to Nana's to play with Ashlyn and Jakob. They played outside most of the day. Nana has been searching thrift stores to create Maddie a 100 year old costume for the first 100 days of school on Tuesday. Maddie tried everything on so Nana could pin it and hem it. This evening Maddie worked on her 100 day collection for school using, of course, mainly scrapbook supplies. She thoroughly enjoyed creating it.













Sunday - An easy layed back Sunday. Maddie was excited to find a letter and $2 from the Tooth Fairy this morning.




Thanks for visiting!

No comments: