Thursday, February 22, 2018

Project Life - Week 7

Welcome to Project Life 2018! If you are new to my blog, welcome! I hope you will stay a while. I'm Jessica, wife to Juan, mommy to 6 year old Maddie. I am also an electrical engineer by day and I am participating in Project Life, a different way to record our lives by taking one photo a day. This was inspired by the fabulous Becky Higgins.

I missed posting most of last year and am determined to do better this year!


And finally, my POTW (pictures of the week) - 



Monday - Nana's birthday is today. Maddie made her a card (with pop dots and scrapbook stuff, just like Mama) and we gave Nana Riedel wine glasses that Daddy picked out for her. I'm taking Nana to the upcoming scrapbook weekend for her birthday as well. Happy Birthday Nana!



Tuesday - Maddie made her class Valentine's today. We planned on just making the Unicorns, but Maddie said she didn't think the boys would like the unicorns, so we made Whales too! 







 

Wednesday - Valentine's Day. Daddy and I bought Maddie a huge flamingo stuffed animal. She saw it this weekend in Tulsa and went nuts begging for it. She was very excited to see it this morning waiting for her on the table with a couple of helium balloons. This afternoon was Maddie's school party. As party mom, I attended and led the party. We made glitter jars and played Valentine's Bingo. The kids all loved it and had a great time. After the party, I gave a card and chocolate truffles to Daddy; he said my gift was dinner this evening. Juan and I went to dinner at Bugatti Ristorante; they had a special Valentine's 3-course menu. Juan had salad, lamb chops and cheesecake, while I had mushroom soup, angel hair pasta with scallops, and their special "snowball" which is vanilla ice cream rolled in nuts, dipped in chocolate and then sprinkled with almonds. Everything was delicious and they gave me a special set of sugar cookies. Also today, Juan downloaded kid crosswords app for Maddie. She is amazing at it and learning to spell all sorts of words! Maddie told me that she didn't have excema, she had poison ivy! When I asked her how she knew that, she said the nurse told her. I called Nana, our resident ivy expert and she agreed - yep it's poison ivy, probably from the creek in the front that Maddie was picking up trash in last week with Daddy!



Thursday - This evening when I arrived home, Maddie said she had a surprise. She showed me her mouth - and she had lost yet another TOOTH, her top right tooth. I didn't even know that tooth was lose. When I checked her mouth, I saw that the top left tooth is already coming in.


Friday - The tooth fairy left Maddie $5 for her tooth last night and a letter! I'm pretty sure the tooth fairy didn't have any change. Also, Maddie left her a letter along with the tooth and wanted to know if she knew about her poison ivy.




Saturday - We started the day by taking Maddie's piggy bank money to the bank and depositing it in her savings account. Then we headed to Sleep Experts to buy a new bed with their "expert match" technology. $5000 later we left with a new bed to be delivered tomorrow. Our mattress is over 13 years old and we definitely needed a new one. Maddie thoroughly enjoyed testing out each mattress. Then we headed to Wal-Mart to let Maddie spend her Christmas and birthday gift cards. We got Life, Monopoly, and Rummikub. Maddie immediately wanted to play Rummikub and caught on pretty quickly. I think we have a new favorite family game!



Sunday - Maddie and I played Life today, she liked it a lot; but also wanted to play Rummikub again. This evening, Maddie was the one testing out our new bed. She loves the adjustable mattress and vibrating function and asked if we could get her a bed like this. 

Thanks for visiting!

No comments: