Sunday, February 4, 2018

Project Life - Week 4

Welcome to Project Life 2018! If you are new to my blog, welcome! I hope you will stay a while. I'm Jessica, wife to Juan, mommy to 6 year old Maddie. I am also an electrical engineer by day and I am participating in Project Life, a different way to record our lives by taking one photo a day. This was inspired by the fabulous Becky Higgins.

I missed posting most of last year and am determined to do better this year!


And finally, my POTW (pictures of the week) - 

Monday - So busy this week at work, typical Monday

Tuesday - Maddie and Daddy love playing games of all sorts. Today I found them playing "pick-up sticks". 

Wednesday - Maddie's been begging me to get down the baby bed that my dad made me when I was her age. I got it down and pulled out my old cabbage patch and clothing that my mom made it. She was so excited and tried on all the clothes. Later Daddy got out Tiffany's old cabbage patch, so now she has two.


Thursday - We received Moss Haven's rating scores this year. I simply love our little grade school!
Friday - Daddy took Maddie outside to try and ride her bike without her training wheels. Amazingly enough, she jumped on it and took off riding!  Well that was easy. We headed out to Kazi's for a celebration dinner - YUM!


Saturday - I worked late last night and didn't get to see our new amazing bike rider, so Maddie and I went out today so she could show off her new talent. Sure enough, she hopped right on and took off down the street. She still needs a bit of practice with her turns, but she is doing great! Now we need to buy her a bigger bike. Afterwards, she wanted to climb her tree, Arabecca. She's a great little climber, but she scares me going so high since this tree is only a crepe myrtle.






Sunday - We finally got the Glitter Girls together to pass out not only their 2nd place trophies from last season, the their participation trophies from the prior season. This season was the first season they handed out true 1st/2nd place trophies in lieu of strictly participation for everyone. We technically should have received 1st place trophies, but due to some scoring mishaps, we were given 2nd place. Of course one of the trophies broke, so Coach Juan took Maddie's and gave her the broken one. She was pretty upset, but Daddy glued it back together the next day and fixed it. The girls all played outside at Madeline Hunt's house and had pizza. The Hunt's were very sweet hosting the party for the team.







Thanks for visiting!

No comments: