Friday, January 22, 2016

Project Life - Week 50

Welcome to Project Life 2015! If you are new to my blog, welcome! I hope you will stay a while. I'm Jessica, wife to Juan, mommy to 4 year old Maddie. I am also an electrical engineer by day and I am participating in Project Life, a different way to record our lives by taking one photo a day. This was inspired by the fabulous Becky Higgins.

I am using a digital kit on Shutterfly. This digital version is SUPER easy to use! See my completed pages for 2012 using the Shutterfly - Project Life Turquoise Edition HERE and my 2013 album using the Shutterfly - Project Life Childhood - Mayfield Edition HERE I will hopefully be posting my 2014 pages soon.


And finally, my POTW (pictures of the week) - 











Thursday - Maddie's Christmas Pageant at Ascension Day School was today. Juan couldn't attend, but Nana came with me. When the kids entered the chapel Maddie was looking all around trying to find us. When she found us she lit up with a huge smile. She's only in the 3's class, but as you can see she is taller than any of the kids in the 3's or 4's class! They sang four songs: Away in a Manger, Joy to the World, Jingle Bells, and This Little Light of Mine. Maddie wasn't the loudest, but she did a great job singing out loud. They passed out jingle bells to each student before they sang Jingle Bells and Maddie realized hers was on a red pipe cleaner and she wanted a pink one and was trying to swap with the kids around her. After the pageant she came running over to us and gave me a big kiss. Maddie couldn't be away from her best friend Sloan for very long. Those to girls are attached at the hip! They are so cute together. 









Friday - This evening we went to the Parade of Lights in Grand Prairie. Traffic was terrible getting out there. Maddie love it, but only because we let her in the front seat with us and we let her stick her head out the sunroof. We were quite disappointed. The lights were just so-so and the Santa village at the end was mediocre at best. Maddie did enjoy the train, although she had to do some serious negotiating to get Daddy to let her ride on it.






Saturday - Our WSP Christmas party was this evening at Marie Gabrielle's. We had a good time, but had a better time at the after party at the Happiest Hour with all of the junior staff. We had a grand time and apparently had a couple of shots. I am definitely too old for this kind of late night.






Monday - Maddie and I tried a Pinterest idea this evening for her school Christmas party, reindeers made of swiss cake rolls and pretzels. It was an epic failure as the pretzels did not easily slide into the cake rolls and the cake rolls themselves fell apart. We ended up using frosting to "glue" the pretzels to the cake rolls and maneuver them into the bags. Maddie had fun making them, but had even more fun making her "crazy" reindeer at the end.  





Tuesday - Today Maddie and I made Christmas gifts for Maddie's classmates. We included a wooden paint set, a paper pad, a candy cane and a bell. Maddie helped me pack up all of the bags and sign each tag. Then she helped me make soap reindeers. She liked adding the eyeballs and making the antlers. I so love that my girl is creative and enjoys doing these things with me. I hope that always remains.

Maddie sayings right now:  
* "Momma we have a problem"
* "I have NO idea"
* "Mama the devile made me do it. Well no, he didn't; but he encouraged me to do it. I have free will. If I pray to the devil, I will get closer to him and if I pray to God, I will get closer to him, and if I pray to the grinch, I will be more like the grinch!"
* Her vocabulary is astounding - she uses words like: unusual, pollution, and ridiculous  
* "Daddy, Rufux Xavier Saspirilla is listening to you!"
* "Did you see what that crazy elf is doing?"
* She's also begun mocking Juan all the time and playing the repeating game.

Thanks for visiting!

No comments: