Saturday, January 23, 2016

Project Life - Week 51

Welcome to Project Life 2015! If you are new to my blog, welcome! I hope you will stay a while. I'm Jessica, wife to Juan, mommy to 4 year old Maddie. I am also an electrical engineer by day and I am participating in Project Life, a different way to record our lives by taking one photo a day. This was inspired by the fabulous Becky Higgins.

I am using a digital kit on Shutterfly. This digital version is SUPER easy to use! See my completed pages for 2012 using the Shutterfly - Project Life Turquoise Edition HERE and my 2013 album using the Shutterfly - Project Life Childhood - Mayfield Edition HERE I will hopefully be posting my 2014 pages soon.


And finally, my POTW (pictures of the week) - 


Friday - Juan and I went to dinner at Ruth's Chris this evening. It was delicious but we ate way too much.

















Saturday - Today Nana came over and we baked all day. We made about six dozen sugar cookies, fudge, rolo reindeer and chex mix. Nana only stayed for the sugar cookies and I think that was Maddie's favorite part. This year she even helped roll out the dough. She did help with the rolo reindeer as well. Those were super easy and super cute. We'll definitely be making those again.











Sunday - Today before church we made our last Christmas treat, peppermint patties. This was a new one for us and they were both easy and yummy! They are no bake. This evening I individually wrapped everything and Maddie helped me bag it all up. That is a LOT of treats. 










Monday - We awoke this morning to a silly little elf who apparently tasted our peppermint patties during the night. I took the day off work so Maddie and I could go deliver all our Christmas goodies. We started at WSP and delivered treats to all my co-workers. Then we stopped by Sloan's house to give her some goodies. The girls wanted to play, so Shana and I chatted for about and hour and a half while the girls played. They are such great friends!













Wednesday - Maddie and I helped Maria make her annual batch of tamales! But first, Maddie and Daddy had to have a wrapping paper roll fight. They are so funny together. I'm always worried about how rough they play together, but Maddie loves it. Maddie even helped put the matza on the corn husks this year, well on about 5. Good, good stuff! We delivered our baked treats and lots of tamales to our neighbors. The Zsohars and the Davis' were especially excited to receive homemade tamales! Yum.

Thanks for visiting!

No comments: