Friday, January 22, 2016

Project Life - Week 49

Welcome to Project Life 2015! If you are new to my blog, welcome! I hope you will stay a while. I'm Jessica, wife to Juan, mommy to 4 year old Maddie. I am also an electrical engineer by day and I am participating in Project Life, a different way to record our lives by taking one photo a day. This was inspired by the fabulous Becky Higgins.

I am using a digital kit on Shutterfly. This digital version is SUPER easy to use! See my completed pages for 2012 using the Shutterfly - Project Life Turquoise Edition HERE and my 2013 album using the Shutterfly - Project Life Childhood - Mayfield Edition HERE I will hopefully be posting my 2014 pages soon.


And finally, my POTW (pictures of the week) - 





\

Thursday - We finally decided to decorate our Christmas tree this evening. Maddie was so excited! She loved hanging the ornaments and wanted to put on every ornament we had. Maddie also loves her advent calendar. This year we simplified it and we are counting up by days. Maddie checks the day on my phone and then knows what number to open. She asks me everyday when I arrive home from work. We filled it with candy she still has left from Halloween. She likes the starburst and nerds candy best each day.


Monday - Afternoons in the front yard playing with the neighbors is at least a weekly event. They ride bikes, climb trees, chase each other, blow bubbles, play with sidewalk chalk, etc. Today Henry and Maddie chased each other all around the neighborhood with their nerf guns. I love our neighborhood!








Saturday - Norah's 5th birthday party was today at the YMCA. It was a pool party. Maddie was so excited to swim. Jeff, Jennifer and I were the only adults who got into the water. Willa and Maddie both tried to swim the length of the pool so they didn't have to wear floaties, but neither made it more than a few feet. Norah tried 5 or 6 times and got very frustrated. Apparently she has completed the swim a couple of times and she was determined to complete it. She finally did. Zoey and Chase were also there. Such sweet families we have for neighbors.





Sunday - Today was my 12th Annual Ornament Exchange party. There were 15 of us this year! I reconnected with Lila over Facebook and she wanted to come and was so excited. It was great to see her after all these years. From left to right, back to front: Alice Thompson, Lauren Wideman, Jennifer Zsohar, Vanessa Bradley, Becky Dragoo, Tarah Griffis, Sarah Kuchera, Danna Jensen, Abby Lipperman, April Woods, Elizabeth Ourecky, Lila Levy, Laura Geiger, Siobhan Winfrey, me! My annual spiced apple cider was a hit and we drank it all this year. I bought way too much food and we had a ton left. Today was also Juan's birthday. We bought him a fire pit and some tools to use with it. He spent the afternoon in the backyard grilling and sitting beside the fire. Maddie spent the afternoon in the backyard with Daddy and I found her filling empty beer bottles with water.  





Monday - We took Maddie to the Trains at Northpark this afternoon. Nana joined us and Daddy met us after work. Then we celebrated Daddy's birthday with a birthday dinner at PF Chang's. The trains were not quite as impressive this year, but Maddie still enjoyed them. She was disappointed that none of the buttons appeared to work.


Wednesday - Maddie and Daddy spending the evening playing Candy Land. 

Thanks for visiting!

No comments: