Monday, January 4, 2016

Project Life - Week 47

Welcome to Project Life 2015! If you are new to my blog, welcome! I hope you will stay a while. I'm Jessica, wife to Juan, mommy to 4 year old Maddie. I am also an electrical engineer by day and I am participating in Project Life, a different way to record our lives by taking one photo a day. This was inspired by the fabulous Becky Higgins.

I am using a digital kit on Shutterfly. This digital version is SUPER easy to use! See my completed pages for 2012 using the Shutterfly - Project Life Turquoise Edition HERE and my 2013 album using the Shutterfly - Project Life Childhood - Mayfield Edition HERE I will hopefully be posting my 2014 pages soon.


And finally, my POTW (pictures of the week) - 












Thursday - Today was Maddie's Thanksgiving Luncheon at Ascension. Daddy couldn't come and I was running late and got a ticket for running a red light. After the luncheon we took Maddie to her 4-year well baby appointment. Since Dr. Hubbard retired, we have a new doctor, Doctor Christina Bourland. Maddie weighs 47.2 lbs, is 3'-6-1/2" tall and a BMI of 183. They took her blood pressure (107/60), checked her hearing, and checked her vision. She is 20/20 in both eyes. She also got 4 shots and the flu mist. Here DTAP, IPV, MMR and Varicella (Chickenpox). Poor girl. She knew the shots were coming, but was surprised by how much they hurt. She cried a lot immediately but is a strong little girl and got over the shots very quickly. We were very proud of her. After her appointment, we took her for ice cream! We like Dr. Bourland a lot. Maddie doesn't need another well baby exam until she is 5 and no more shots until age 11.



Friday - Today was mine and Maddie's 6 month dental checkup. We were sad to learn that Sandra Dee retired. Our new dental hygienist is Sydney???? She seemed nice, but not nearly as sweet as Sandra Dee. She will definitely be missed. Dr. Bicknell gave Maddie a mask and a tooth pin. Maddie said she wanted to be a dentist. Her appointment and her well baby exam yesterday tuckered her out. She immediately fell asleep as soon as we were in the car.




Saturday - I spent the day purging Maddie's clothes and toys. I told Maddie that we needed to leave her old toys out for Rufus Xavier to return to Santa to fix up for other little boys and girls. Rufus is our elf who is scheduled to return to us on Thanksgiving for the Holiday Season. Maddie did pretty good with her donation efforts, although it took a bit of prodding. Juan attended "Whisky Fight Night" at the Wideman's this evening. I stayed home with Maddie. Looks like he had a good time.






Sunday - We spent the day outside and shopping at Northpark. We bought Maddie a new coat, adorable; and she had fun playing in the back yard with Daddy.




Wednesday - Maddie and I prepped for Thanksgiving today. We made the pumpkin pies, which Maddie enjoyed licking the beaters for. We also made the salads and the deviled eggs. Maddie loved helping with the boiled eggs, specifically peeling them. She was actually really good at it as well. She is quite the little helper in the kitchen. I love spending time with her. She is getting so big so quick. I feel like I blinked and her time as a baby was gone. I plan to enjoy every moment I have with her!

Thanks for visiting!

No comments: