Monday, January 4, 2016

Project Life - Week 42

Welcome to Project Life 2015! If you are new to my blog, welcome! I hope you will stay a while. I'm Jessica, wife to Juan, mommy to 4 year old Maddie. I am also an electrical engineer by day and I am participating in Project Life, a different way to record our lives by taking one photo a day. This was inspired by the fabulous Becky Higgins.

I am using a digital kit on Shutterfly. This digital version is SUPER easy to use! See my completed pages for 2012 using the Shutterfly - Project Life Turquoise Edition HERE and my 2013 album using the Shutterfly - Project Life Childhood - Mayfield Edition HERE I will hopefully be posting my 2014 pages soon.


And finally, my POTW (pictures of the week) - 






















Saturday - Another Pirate's soccer game today, this time against the Mermaids. 

Maddie ran over to me on the sideline at the start of the game and said, "Mama, I've got some bad news!"
Me: "What's the bad news?"
Maddie: "There's a girl on the other team with a 6 like me!"
Me: "Well first it's a 9 not a 6 and she is on the other team so that is ok. You are are a 9 for your team and she is a 9 for her team."

Maddie: "OOOOOOhhhhhh, ok"

Maddie was still a bit iffy today at the game. She didn't want to play at all. She even sat down in the middle of the field to pout at one point in the game. Coach Juan took her out of the game and we even threatened her with no going to the State Fair, but nothing seemed to get her attention. After the game, we headed to the State Fair. Maddie loved riding all of the rides on the Midway. Mama tried the "Pumpkin Spiced Donut Chip served with ice cream and candied maple bacon." Mama and Maddie thought it was delicious! She loved the "little farm hands" and got to be a real farmer, evening planting seeds and gathering wool. She redeemed her "money earned" on Doritos chips. There was a new children's art walk that had all sorts of art projects for the kiddos. Maddie enjoyed participating in them, including the face painting. She wanted to be a cat. It was a long day and a lot of people, but Maddie and I had a good time - Daddy not so much.






Sunday - Maddie and I took Nana to the Arboretum today to the Pumpkin Village. It was fabulous this year and even included a loose hay corral. Maddie and I had a great time tossing hay at each other. These were our best photos of the day. Today Maddie said, "God does not want us to be big angry bullies! God wants us to cut the bushes so they don't grow long!"




Wednesday - I had an event for work this evening so Daddy took Maddie to park. I also had to document how much gas prices have fallen. They are now below $2 per gallon and were up to almost $4 per gallon a couple of years ago.

Thanks for visiting!

No comments: