Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Project Life - Week 28

Welcome to Project Life 2015! If you are new to my blog, welcome! I hope you will stay a while. I'm Jessica, wife to Juan, mommy to 3 year old Maddie. I am also an electrical engineer by day and I am participating in Project Life, a different way to record our lives by taking one photo a day. This was inspired by the fabulous Becky Higgins.

I am using a digital kit on Shutterfly. This digital version is SUPER easy to use! See my completed pages for 2012 using the Shutterfly - Project Life Turquoise Edition HERE and my 2013 album using the Shutterfly - Project Life Childhood - Mayfield Edition HERE I will hopefully be posting my 2014 pages soon.

And finally, my POTW (pictures of the week) - 

Thursday - I received a text message this evening from Vanessa at 7:13pm that said, "Something's wrong with mom  On way to Sunnyvale hospital" I immediately tried to call her and didn't get an answer, so I texted her back:
Me: What's wrong?
Vanessa: I don't know
I called her again and she said they were in an ambulance on the way to the hospital at Sunnyvale. Juan and I jumped in the car, as I was not fit to drive, and headed that way. I was definitely freaking out a bit and I knew from talking to Vanessa that she was really freaking out. She said she stopped being coherent and went stark white and her lips turned blue, so she dialed 911. Before we got to Sunnyvale Vanessa called back and said they were routing her to another hospital that specialized in hearts - Dallas Regional Medical Center.
Vanessa:  She's getting better.
Me:  We are just a few minutes away.  Are u at the hospital now?
Vanessa:  Yes
Me:  Is she coherent
Vanessa:  Better now.  Her blood pressure was very high. Maybe something with her heart.
Me:  How fast did they get to her once she started showing symptoms? I assume you were with her?
Vanessa:  I don't know it felt like hours.
Me: I'm at the ED but they are telling me I have to wait 15 min.
Vanessa:  We were working on garage sale.
Me:  Did she lose consciousness?
Vanessa:  I'm with her, she's better cause she's pissed at being naked
Me:  Is she talking now
Vanessa:  But something was very wrong. Yes Bp was really low
Me:  Low then high? Regardless thank God you were with her
Vanessa:  It was the scariest thing I've ever seen.
Me:  What happened?  Was she confused?  Dizzy? What's happening now? Have they taken her to radiology?
Vanessa:  Chest X-rays  She sounds much better just tired.
Me:  I assume they are monitoring her blood pressure. Is it back in normal limits
Vanessa:  She said she felt like she was floating in the sky, out of her body :(  Were just sitting here, why won't they let u in
Me:  Did you tell her to knock that crap off and skydive back to her body?  I don't know. Ask them if we can come in. The stupid desk girl won't let me in.

Pretty soon Vanessa came to the ED door and let me come back. Mom was barely coherent. She apparently had seriously low blood pressure 80/40 (normal is 120/80) and heart arethmias in the ambulance. Vanessa went with Juan back to Mom's to get her car, Mom's purse, her charger, etc. While she was gone, her heart rate dropped again, her heart beat went berserk, and the alarms all started going off. She also asked to be laid down and was complaining of pain in her side. I went out to talk to the ER doc and within minutes they came to take her in for a brain, heart and stomach CT. The ER doc came in a couple hours later and said the scans all look clear, early indicators say no heart attack although they have to wait longer to be sure, the CT was clear - so no stroke; but it could have been a seizure, they weren't ruling anything out. She also indicated they were going to admit her. It was after 1am before she was admitted and in a room. It was a long night for all of us. Vanessa and I refused to leave, sleeping in chairs in the room.  

Friday - Today they ran a myriad of tests on Mom, including an EEG, a stress test, physical therapy, and Echo, and MRI of her brain and an ultrasound of her jugular. We waited all day for the neurologist, but he never showed up and they kept her another night. She didn't have any spells all day and was very ready to leave. When they did the echo, we were watching the monitor and her heart was having all sorts of extra beats. At one point the tech asked if she could feel that and if she was having any pains. I went home to sleep and Vanessa went home to Mom's.

Saturday - Mom's heart beat slowed way down last night and all the nurse's came running in to check on her. Not sure what is going on, but it is freaking us out. The neurologist came in this afternoon and said he thought everything looked fine and she could be released, but she needed to come in the office and have a heart monitor put on. All the doctor's were very sketchy and I told Mom we needed to find her a new cardiologist. We were not happy with the doctors or the hospital - at all! Left hand didn't know what the right hand was doing. Late this evening I bagged up a bunch of Maddie's size 4 & 5 clothes for Goodwill.

Sunday - Our weekly routing after church including grocery shopping at Kroger. Maddie usually rides in the buggy, although once in a while Juan lets her walk with him. Our typical weekly grocery bill is about $200! This afternoon we headed to Nana's after grocery shopping. Maddie played with magnetic sand and played Go Fish with Nana.

Monday - Maddie is still attending weekly gymnastics at ASI. She is getting really good and can do a forward roll and a back roll by herself. They told us she is ready to move up to Kidz Gym Level II, but we have to wait for an opening.

Tuesday - Maddie and Abuelita painted today. Maddie loves black although it appears she used a couple other colors today!

Wednesday - They expanded our office at ccrd and made new open office cubicles for about 10 staff members. I am NOT fond of the open office layout at all! I also gathered up a bunch of electronics to try and sell at the garage sale.

Thanks for visiting!

No comments: