Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Project Life - Week 8

Welcome to Project Life 2015! If you are new to my blog, welcome! I hope you will stay a while. I'm Jessica, wife to Juan, mommy to 3 year old Maddie. I am also an electrical engineer by day and I am participating in Project Life, a different way to record our lives by taking one photo a day. This was inspired by the fabulous Becky Higgins.

I am using a digital kit on Shutterfly. This digital version is SUPER easy to use! See my completed pages for 2012 using the Shutterfly - Project Life Turquoise Edition HERE and my 2013 album using the Shutterfly - Project Life Childhood - Mayfield Edition HERE I will hopefully be posting my 2014 pages soon.


And finally, my POTW (pictures of the week) - 







Saturday - We took Maddie to Sesame Street Live today. She was excited to see all her favorite characters. Rosita even came close enough that Maddie got to hug her. She danced in the aisle and basically refused to sit in her seat. She definitely enjoyed herself.


Sunday - We had a busy weekend and Maddie passed on Daddy before we even got to nap time!





Monday - We awoke to a sheet of ice this morning. The roads and the entire city were shut down. I stayed at home. Maddie spent the day riding her bike around the house. This evening Maddie found Daddy's trace paper and Maddie and Daddy created a story. Maddie thought it was the best thing ever and immediately requested a second story!


Wednesday - I made a new Pinterest recipe for dinner tonight, One Pot Zucchini Mushroom. It was ok, but not one of our favorites.

ONE POT ZUCCHINI MUSHROOM PASTA
Prep Time5 minutes
Cook Time15 minutes
Total Time20 minutes
Yield6 servings
An incredibly creamy, hearty pasta dish that you can make in just 20 minutes. Even the pasta gets cooked right in the pot!
INGREDIENTS
  • 1 pound spaghetti
  • 1 pound cremini mushrooms, thinly sliced
  • 2 zucchini, thinly sliced and quartered
  • 2/3 cup peas
  • 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
  • 2 sprigs thyme
  • Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
  • 1/3 cup grated Parmesan
  • 1/4 cup heavy cream
INSTRUCTIONS
  • In a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium high heat, combine spaghetti, mushrooms, zucchini, peas, garlic, thyme and 4 1/2 cups water; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
  • Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, until pasta is cooked through and liquid has reduced, about 8-10 minutes. Stir in Parmesan and heavy cream.
  • Serve immediately.

Thanks for visiting!

No comments: