Saturday, February 14, 2015

Project Life - Week 50

Welcome to Project Life 2014! If you are new to my blog, welcome! I hope you will stay a while. I'm Jessica, wife to Juan, mommy to 3 year old Maddie. I am also an electrical engineer by day and I am participating in Project Life, a different way to record our lives by taking one photo a day. This was inspired by the fabulous Becky Higgins who has put together a wonderful kit to make this challenge easier.

I am using the digital kit on shutterfly. This digital version is SUPER easy to use! See my completed pages for 2012 using the Shutterfly Cobalt kit HERE. I will hopefully be posting my 2013 pages soon.


And finally, my POTW (pictures of the week) - 











Thursday - Today was Maddie's Christmas program at Ascension. They sang Jesus Loves Me, We wish you a Merry Christmas, and a couple others. Maddie was dressed as a shepard and she stood up in the middle of program. The girl behind her got upset and kept telling her to sit down. She was very glad to see me, Daddy and Grandma all attend.


Friday - I arrived home from work to see Maddie and Grandma looking at our Project Life album from last year. Maddie loves to see photos of her and our family. I'm so glad that I created those memories for her. This evening was Juan's office Christmas party at D2. We all met at a church parking lot and hoped on a bus that took us to Ft Worth where we toured one of their built Assisted Living projects and had dinner. It was a very different experience.














Saturday - Gas pricing have been dropping like crazy! They say it's because of the natural gas fracking. I'm not sure why, but I'm sure thankful for it. Last summer it was up to almost $4.00 per gallon and now it is $2.18. That is amazing. This afternoon Maddie was invited to Julienne's 4th Birthday party at Jump Street. It is a great little place with trampolines, bounce houses, and lots of fun stuff for the little ones. Maddie had a blast. She was extremely excited when her best friend, Sloan, from school arrived. Sloan was acting very shy and not wanting anything to do with Maddie. I felt really bad for her, but after about 30 minutes the two of them were playing like best friends together. I loved watching them.




Sunday - Today was my 11th Annual Ornament Exchange party. We only had eleven girls this year, but we still had a great time. I ended up with the ornament my mom brought, a nativity scene with wood from the Holy Lands. It was a lovely afternoon. Pictured left to right starting at the back row: Abby Lipperman, Danna Jensen, Sarah Kuchera, Liz Ourecky, Alice Thompson, Becky Dragoo, JenniferZsohar, Laura Geiger, Vanessa Bradley, Lauren Wideman, and me!




Tuesday - Maddie and I have been making little Christmas treats and gifts for her classmates. We made Reindeer noses and little gift tins that included a slinky, a necklace craft, a bath marker and a candy cane. Maddie really liked counting out the noses and putting them into the bag "all by myself."

No comments: