Saturday, February 14, 2015

Project Life - Week 51

Welcome to Project Life 2014! If you are new to my blog, welcome! I hope you will stay a while. I'm Jessica, wife to Juan, mommy to 3 year old Maddie. I am also an electrical engineer by day and I am participating in Project Life, a different way to record our lives by taking one photo a day. This was inspired by the fabulous Becky Higgins who has put together a wonderful kit to make this challenge easier.

I am using the digital kit on shutterfly. This digital version is SUPER easy to use! See my completed pages for 2012 using the Shutterfly Cobalt kit HERE. I will hopefully be posting my 2013 pages soon.


And finally, my POTW (pictures of the week) - 





Wednesday - Gas is still dropping! It was down to $2.14 today! The Lighting Alliance invited us to a happy hour at Dave & Busters. I went for awhile and played only a couple of games. Doug Lacy and I played this speed game - I beat him! I have great reflexes. :)


Thursday - Janet, Sarah, Danna, Abby and I met for a girls dinner and to exchange Christmas presents. I drew Sarah's name and got her a calligraphy set and sheep pajamas. Danna drew my name and got me a party drink container with spout. Juan told her I wanted one as mine is leaking from the spout. We had a delicious dinner and a great chat! 








Saturday - Nana came over today and Maddie, Nana and I did a LOT of baking! We made fudge, chex mix, sugar cookies, butterscotch noodle blobs and crescent cookies. Maddie loved helping us and tasted everything. She also helped us decorate the sugar cookies. I love making memories and traditions with her. It is such a fun time together. 











Sunday - We took Maddie to her first theater show today - Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer. We got amazing seats, of course they were costly; but I figured she would need to see if we expected her to pay attention. She absolutely loved it. She was completely engrossed the entire time. It was a FABULOUS little production with lots of singing and it was also very funny! We all thoroughly enjoyed it. We got her a little Clarice reindeer, the Abominal snowman, a long sleeve tee, and light up reindeer antlers. She lost her antlers sometime during the production, but Clarice is definitely one of her favorite "friends." I so love watching her discover new things. I see lots of theater in our future. This evening we boxes up all our treat goodies for the neighbors and even made 60 bags of treats for my coworkers at ccrd. Maddie did a great job bagging everything. Even Daddy helped.


























Monday - This morning Maddie was helping Daddy pick up sticks in the greenbelt across from our house. Maddie decided to make an octopus with the sticks. She is so creative. I tried to take Maddie to see Santa again today at Northpark. The website said they opened at 10 am - when we arrived at 9:45 am, we learned that Santa didn't arrive until 11 am. Maddie spent the next hour at the Disney store dressing up in costumes. It was a mad house everywhere. We walked to Bath & Body to let the crowd die down. When we arrived back in line at 11:15 am, we learned they had already passed out all the tickets for the ENTIRE day! I was SOOOOO mad. We left and met Juan for lunch. Then Maddie, Tiffany and I headed downtown to Macy's. We still stood in line for almost an hour, but Maddie made a new friend. They played together the entire hour. This evening, we got tickets to the special Members only exhibit at night of the 12 days of Christmas at the Arboretum. Tiffany arrived from Mexico on Friday Dec. 19th and she is staying with us through Dec. 30th. She joined us this evening at the Arboretum. It was a neat display and was beautifully lit.












Tuesday - Today Maddie and I went to deliver our goodies at ccrd in her elf outfit. There wasn't very many people in the office, but Maddie had a blast with those who were. Mrs. Cindy even let her help open the goodie bag with scissors. She also ended up getting candy from about half the employees. This afternoon Adam came by to see Tiffany and hung out with Maddie for awhile. When Juan came home we went to see Big Hero 6 at Studio Movie Grill. Maddie loves movies as much as her Daddy. This evening Maddie helped me wrap Christmas presents. She is pretty good with the tape and can usually get it right where it needs to be, if she is focusing of course.

No comments: