Sunday, May 26, 2013

You're Our Little Star

Happy Memorial Day! It's been raining here for the past two days. We wanted to head out to the park or the zoo, but it's been easier to just stay inside with a movie. I finished this layout last night of Maddie at two months in her little star outfit, at least that's what we called it at the time. She was so little and cute all bundled up in it.



I used a sketch from Pamela's World of Scrap and her sketch challenge #235. I love her sketches because they are so clean, simple, she has two page options, and uses lots of photos! Definitely fits my style. Here is the sketch:



I'm created this layout for the Scrapping Everyday Miracles May Main challenge.  This month's challenge was to share a project that represents something new in your life. My little girl definitely fits that requirement! She was the start of a whole new phase in my life, the Mommy phase.  God gave me this little blessing when I needed it most. She is teaching me all sorts of things about life that I either didn't know, or have conveniently forgotten. Love, patience, laughter are three of the biggies that jump into my mind.   

The scrap twist was to use something on your project that is more than a year old - the older the better, "and" something new to you in 2013. The paper I used is at least 10 years old.  I have had it forever and have never found the right layout to use it on.  The stamps I used for the banner are new to me as are the thickers I used for the title. I used twine on the banner with jump rings to the top banner.

I also played along with Scrap Your Story challenge #13 - Mixed Alphas.  I used two different fonts from two different lines on my layout.

Here are a couple of close up photos:




Materials Used:  paper - crate paper and Making Memories Animal Crackers; stamps - CTMH; ink - CTMH; twing - MME; thicers - American Crafts; letter stickers - Basic Grey; star stickers - Marta Stewart Crafts; jump rings - unknown.

Thanks for visiting!

10 comments:

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

Thanks for sharing your heart with this precious 2-page LO!! Our children are special gifts and add so much to our lives. I love how you gave a fresh "new" look to this older paper!! Thanks for joining the Scrapping Everyday Miracles May Challenge ~ All Things Have Become New. ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Congrats on using up such old paper. You could never tell with this pretty layout.
Enjoy your new baby. They are truly a blessing from above.

Thanks for playing with us at SEM

orange gearle said...

I love this 2-pager! That banner is awesome. Thanks for playing with Scrap Your Story!

Pamela said...

This is beautiful! So precious! Thanks for playing along with my sketch challenge! :)

blsd2scrp said...

this is such a wonderful layout! thank you for sharing it with us at SEM!

Jessica said...

What a sweet layout! Great colors and design! Thanks for playing along with us at SEM!

Helen G. said...

This is a keepsake! I really like your banner and journaling. Beautiful layout! Thanks for sharing it with us at SEM Challenge.

Nicole Brenna said...

Oh so sweet! I love the pictures and journaling. You really did a great job! Thanks for playing along with us over at Scrapping Everyday Miracles (http://scrappingeverydaymiracles.blogspot.com)

Cara G said...

Absolutely love this sweet, cute layout Jessica---your details are fabulous! I'm so glad you linked up with us at SEM this month!!

Scrap Your Story said...

Loooove the 2pager! :) :) Thanks for joining us at Scrap Your Story last week!!! :) :)