Friday, May 31, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving 2011

What better on a Friday night then a bit of Scrappin! DH put DD to bed, so I had all evening to enjoy what my little passion. I finished this layout from Thanksgiving 2011. An oldie, but goodie.


I used a sketch from the fabulous Pamela's World of Scrap! I just love her double sketches. She has a monthly sketch challenge and once you finish the sketch challenge, there is a bonus for completed one of her other sketches.  This is the bonus sketch #28 I used (the middle one):


I also played along with Sketch N Scrap's Birthday Bash - Monica's Recipe Challenge. The challenge was: 
1. Multiple pictures: the more pictures the bigger story you can tell. - I used 13 photos, whooo hoooo
2. Twine or ribbon: it can be a small detail or a big feature. - I used twine to tie a bow on the title die-cut.
3. Brads: an easy way to add a little something extra to a blank spot - I used one on the 2011 title and three more down on the "Family" title.
4. Gems: no page is complete without a little bling (I sometimes get carried away with this one) - I used a bling arrow to highlight the pumpkin pie photo.
5. Multiple alphabet sets: use up those half alphabet sets that you have stashed away - I used aqua thickers for the 2011 and Anna Griffin for the Family portion of the title. I also used rub-ons and a die-cut to finish off the title/sub-titles.

Finally, I played along with Paper Issues - Lifestyles to Die for challenge.  The challenge was to use a die-cut or link up a project showing your life.  I used a die-cut on the title and a large circle die-cut for the main page. My layout definitely shows my life.

Here are close-up photos:



Materials Used: paper - WeRMemory; die-cuts - WeRMemory; twine - MME; gems - Kaiser Scrapbooks; tickers - American Crafts; Alphabet Stickers - Anna Griffin; rub-ons - AMM; brads - SEI.

Thanks for visiting! Have a wonderful weekend.

4 comments:

Pamela said...

Love it!! Beautiful job! Thanks for playing along with my sketch challenge, again. :)

Val-Belle said...

OMG Jess... I don't know how you do it. I can barely manage one layout and one challenge... You rocked this. I love that you got so many photos on this layout and I have just been over to check out Pamela's sketches and they are lovely... You do such great layouts. Love this one.

Unknown said...

I love everything about this AWESOME layout! You did a great job using so many pictures! Everything just goes together so nicely. Thanks for playing along with Document Moore Memories.
-Monica

Lisa in Texas said...

13 pictures? WOW amazing! I love your layout, very pretty! Thanks for joining in our birthday bash at Sketch N Scrap!