Sunday, February 10, 2013

SYTYCS #6 - My Own Little Doll

Is tomorrow really Monday? Where did the weekend go. Here is my layout for Colorful Creations - So You Think You Can Scrap Week 6.  This layout is photos of my DD at 36 days old laying in my cabbage patch doll's bed.  She was so tiny. 



This week's challenge was quite a bit more difficult: 

Use the sketch below to create a MONOCHROMATIC layout. You can pick your color.  You may use black or white letters for journaling or titles only.  Layout MUST be double page just like the sketch. You MUST stay true to the sketch. You MUST use ALL of the following items on your pages:

Die cut
Border punch
Flowers (at least TWO MUST be handmade)
Bling
Butterflies


I used pink as my color scheme. The papers are all MME and the large paper die-cut is all pink from Making Memories. I used scraps of Bazzill and other cardstock papers as well, all varying shades of pink.  The border punch is from Fiskars and is along the left side vertically. The butterflies are jenni bowlin studio, but I removed the white pearls and added clear bling to meet the challenge requirements. The yo-yo flowers are handmade, there are two large ones in the large flower clusters on the left and two more smaller ones on the photos along the bottom. The other flowers are all Prima and all varying shades of pink. The chipboard die-cut was MME, also pink. The ribbon is pink, and the bling is all clear. Everything is pink, even the ink used to distress the papers and the line stamp I used for the journaling.  I used pink and white stickers for my title and black ink for the journaling.

I am also submitting this in the MME & Gossamer Blue Design Contest.

Here are a few close-up photos:









Materials used:  paper - MME, Bazzill, unknown; die-cut - Making Memories; flowers - handmade from stash & Prima, bling - Basic Grey, Want 2 Scrap, & TLC, chipboard die-cut - MME; Girl blocks sticker - Making Memories; border punch - Fiskars; ribbon - unknown; butterflies - Jenni Bowlin Studio; letter stickers - Thickers.

Thanks for visiting.

No comments: