Sunday, February 17, 2013

Project Life - Week 4


Welcome to Project Life 2013! If you are new to my blog, welcome! I hope you will stay a while. I'm Jessica, wife to Juan, mommy to 1 year old Maddie. I am also an electrical engineer by day and I am participating in Project Life, a different way to record our lives by taking one photo a day. This was inspired by the fabulous Becky Higgins who has put together a wonderful kit to make this challenge easier.

I am using the digital kit on shutterfly (hopefully Olive once it has been released), find more info at http://www.beckyhiggins.com/blog. This digital version uses Shutterfly and is SUPER easy to use! See my completed pages for 2012 using the Shutterfly Cobalt kit HERE.


And finally, my POTW (pictures of the week):




Tuesday - Maddie loves the outdoors. It was nice enough to let her play outside today and she had a ball playing peek-a-boo from behind the columns on our porch. She thought it was quite a blast!


Wednesday - I was travelling again today for work.  Nothing like the security checkpoint at Love Field. Glad to be home.


Thursday - Dinner from pintrest tonight "Slow Cooker Hawaiian Meatballs" from Six Sisters. Yummy, easy and definitely one we will make again!  

Slow Cooker Hawaiian Meatballs Recipe
Ingredients:
32 oz. package of precooked, frozen meatballs (you could use turkey meatballs)
13.5 oz can of unsweetened pineapple chunks (put juice aside)
1 large green pepper, diced
1 cup of brown sugar
2 Tbl. cornstarch
2/3 cup of white vinegar
2 Tbl. Soy sauce

Directions:
Place meatballs in crock pot and top with green pepper and drained pineapple chunks.  In a separate bowl, mix reserved pineapple juice, brown sugar, cornstarch, vinegar and soy sauce.  Pour sauce over meatballs, pineapple and green peppers.  Cook on low for 3-4 hours or until heated through.


Friday - Maddie loves to eat. Just sitting in her highchair excites her. I am so glad that she is such a good little eater.



Saturday - Maddie is obsessed with my jewelry box. She has figured out how to open it and all of the wonderfulness inside. She tries to pull down all of the necklaces. This evening I heard Juan telling her to stay out of "Mommies jewelry box" and then I hear him laughing hysterically. I came upstairs to see this. She knows necklaces go over your neck and she desperately tried to put this one over her head, only it is not as long as most of them, so she ended up wearing it like a headband. She was quite proud of herself.




Sunday - Maddie received a belated birthday present from my friend Sabrina in Kansas. It was the most adorable little K-state cheerleading shirt and skirt/pants. She also sent some super cute hair barrettes, but Maddie won't keep them in. We took her for a walk today and she was quite excited. Maddie has had another of her incisors come in.  Her upper right one.  Her upper left one is almost through.

Thanks for visiting!

No comments: