Monday, October 22, 2012

LOAD #26 & 27 - Toes in the Sand

Happy early week! Are you ready for Halloween?  We are....Maddie has a little lobster costume that I can't wait to put her in. :)  I am participating in the October LOAD (LayOut A Day) challenge over at Let's Scrap. This is #26 & 27:


Maddie speed crawling across the sand, oblivious to the surf that surrounded her. This layout is for the Let's Scrap Scrap Your Stash #22 Challenge. The challenge was to use:
2 different patterned papers (mine are the sand and the seashell papers)

4 different colors of cardstock (mine are pink, dark pink, white, blue and sand color)
1 piece of chipboard (journaling block)
4 flowers (white near the top)
3 eyelets or brads (2 large heart brads and 2 small white brads)
9 buttons (all along the bottom right)
2 pieces of ribbon (brown ric-rac and pink crocheted)
lotsa bling! (all along the seashell punch at the top and in the four flowers at the top.
Use a Let's Scrap sketch:  (I used sketch 8-31-11)


This challenge was very difficult for me as there were a LOT of requirements. I don't normally use so much stash, but it did make me dig through old stash that I haven't used in forever!

I am also playing along with the Scrap That October DT challenge - to use pink and ribbon. This was easy although I didn't want to overwhelm the photos with too much pink.

Here are a couple of enlarged photos:





Materials Used:  paper - Bazzill, Scrap Your Trip, and Creative Imaginations; border punch - Martha Stewart; bling - Heidi Swapp & Basic Grey; title - Scrap Your Trip; layered stickers - MME Lost & Found; corner punch - Creative Memories; brads - unknown; buttons - unknown; ribbon - unknown; flowers - Prima.

Thanks for visiting!


 

2 comments:

Heidi said...

You did great with the sketch! Those photos are adorable. You chose some great colors!

Stephanie M said...

I saw your LO at Let's Scrap. Love it. Wonderful pictures! I think pictures of babies at the beach are the best!!! Great use of your stash!!!