Saturday, October 20, 2012

LOAD #24 & 25 - Remember this Moment

Hello! If this is your first time visiting, I am participating in the October LOAD (LayOut A Day) over at Let's Scrap.  If you've visited before, welcome back! This is #24 & 25 for the Load challenge. I completed and additional 27 digital layouts for my DD 1st birthday party, so I am pleased with my progress....especially after a 6 month hiatus. This is another layout from our recent Aruba trip. This was on our last night and I was in love with this amazing tree outside our hotel.


I used an older sketch from Pamela over at Pamela's World of Scrap, sketch #208b. She has started a monthly sketch challenge and once you've used this months sketch there is a bonus to use any of her older sketches. This one was perfect for my tree layout (It's the first one)!


I also played along with Lori at Apron Strings and her Croptober #11 challenge is a picture inspiration:

This photo immediately inspired me to drag out my tree photos from Aruba. I also love the vertical fence in the background and added vertical striped paper to the bottom of my layout.  I even used similar colors, the gray in the house behind, neutrals, and a hint of green. Great inspiration!

Here are a couple of enlarged photos:




Materials Used:  Paper - SEI and Bazzill; cricut - Stretch Your Imagination; transparency journal - Basic Grey; title - KI Memories (Scribbles Glitter Border), JoAnn Craft Essentials; ribbon -unknown.

I hope you are having a fabulous weekend.  We took DD to the State Fair of Texas today. She had quite the grand time. I will post pictures soon. Thanks for visiting!

3 comments:

Heidi said...

I love her sketches too. Your layout turned out awesome! I love that tree. I'm a new follower.

Lori said...

I love how you used the muted tones. Your work is just wonderful!

Pamela said...

Great layout! I love the tree!!! I love seeing people use some of my older favorite sketches! Thanks for playing! :)