Sunday, March 20, 2011

SC Spring Fling Challenge 4 & Sketch Support Layout

Welcome to my blog!  Thanks for visiting!  Scrapbook Challenges is having their Spring Fling with lots of great games and challenges.  I completed this layout last night for challenge #4 "Out with the Old, In with the New.

The challenge was to dig wayyyyyyy back in your stash and pull out some old supplies. Then mix those with some of your newest supplies.  I dug out some REALLY old stuff! First the papers, one is from Creative memories about 5 years ago and one is from the Stamping Station about 4 years ago.  The remember snap is by Melissa Frances and I have no idea how long I've had those, but it has be ages! Finally, the Golden Gate bridge die-cut was purchased when I took this trip in 2007 and I have yet to use it!  New items, I used my I-rock to adhere the gold jewels in the corners on the left and the journaling blocks, blocks and Thickers are new....well relatively new! :) 

I used the latest sketch from Sketch Support for this challenge.  Here is the sketch:



And here is my layout:
This is a layout about why it took us over 2 hours to walk across the bridge and back.  Juan found little weep holes in the bridge looking down that allow water to run off the bridge.  He thought they were interesting and wanted to photograph them....when I say them, I mean ALL of them.  They were located about every 10 feet all the way along the 1.7 mile bridge!  These are just of few of the hundreds of photos he shot.  He is just crazy and everytime I told him to come on, he responded, "Wait a minute!"

Here are a few detailed shots.  I love this die-cut of the Golden Gate Bridge.  I love the tone-on-tone look; I promise it stands out better in person.



Materials Used: paper - Stamping Station, Creative Memories, BoBunny; ribbon - Michaels Stores; Golden Gate Bridge Die-cut - Stamping Station; ribbon snap - Melissa Frances; gold rivets - I-Rock by Imaginisce; clock - Heidi Swapp; title letters - Heidi Swapp, JoAnn Craft Essentials, and Thickers; border punch - Martha Stewart; journaling tags - KaiserCraft & unknown.

Thanks so much for visiting!



2 comments:

Carolina said...

LOL! Love your story!

Michelle Hernandez said...

GREAT photos- ever better blog entry! I love this layout- that die cut is FABULOUS! Great design too- the tone on tone works perfectly. I will keep you and your developing little one in my thoughts. My daughter had a very difficult time while in utero so I understand a little of what you are experiencing right now.