Sunday, March 6, 2011

Let's Scrap - Challenge 87 - the World in True Color!

Hello friends!  It's been 2 weeks since I've felt well enough to scrap! Today I spent the morning on the couch with nausea; but this afternoon I forced myself upstairs. I have had photos sitting on my table ready for Let's Scrap sketch 2-9-11 since the day it was posted, and I decided today I was going to finish it! I decided to incorporate Michelle's challenge 87. This challenge was to scrapbook with paintchips! There were three requirements:



1) Use a Paint Chip (or as many as you like) (available from your local Hardware / Paint shop) on your layout.

2) Use the word COLOR or the actual name of a COLOR (e.g. BLUE EYES, etc... ) in your TITLE

3) of course... Use any Lets Scrap sketch




Michelle also provided dozen's of title ideas, which I loved! Check out the entire challenge here. Here is the sketch that I used LS 2-9-11:



And here is my layout:
 And here are a couple of detailed shots:


 
Yes, it is yet another from Sonoma. :) I am almost through with this album, promise. I really enjoyed this sketch and how my layout turned out. I used paintchips and my quickutz to punch the title "World" and "Color" as well as the photo corners and the fasteners. Just to prove I followed the rules, here is my leftovers from my paintchips! I had never thought about punching shapes from them before.

 
Materials Used: paper - crate paper, 1999 LaRayne Miller and Keeping Memories Alive, Inc. (Yep this is REALLY old paper); paint chips - Behr from the Home Depot; title - quickutz Katie, CTMH Whimsey, CTMH Storytime, Me&My Big Ideas; ink - CTMH Outdoor Denim; leaves - Recollections; journaling - Little yellow bicycle and Stampin Up punch; riboon - CTMH; brads - unknown.

Thanks for visiting me!

2 comments:

Betty Anne said...

Great job on the paint chip challenge Jessica. I love your layout it's fantastic.

Janine Rachau said...

So clever! :)