Friday, January 21, 2011

Let's Scrap - Resolution #1 & #5 LO Completed

Happy Friday! I hope you are planning an awesome weekend. I completed a couple more resolution challenges over at Let's Scrap for their blog hop. Yeah! There are some really inspiring challenges, so sneak over and check out the fun! My layout is about the adorable cottage we stayed at in Sonoma.



Here is the LS sketch my layout is based on, LS108:



The left side of my layout is for Betty Anne's Resolution #1 - Pick a favorite layout in the Let’s Scrap Photo Gallery and scraplift it. Make sure to tell us, why it’s a favorite, what you scraplifted from it and give a link to that layout. Note: you have to use the same sketch as the one you scraplifted from.  I scraplifted Sara Shumann's layout - "Zach Starring as the Ring Bearer".  Here is Sara's layout:


And here is my layout:


I loved that Sara used swirls in lieu of flowers.  I took her idea and used my cricut to cut a swirled frame around my main photo.  Then I used more swirls at the flowers.  I also liked that her sub-title was angled parallel to her main photo and that she split the main title on two pages.
For the right side I used Carolina's Resolution #5 - Make a layout or card using a Let’s Scrap sketch and you can’t open any new packs of ANYTHING when making it.  This was VERY hard for me.  I love opening new stuff for a page.  So I instead used scraps, my cricut to cut out my embellishments and flowers that were left over from another page I did for my 2007 albums. 
 
Material used: Flowers - JoAnn Craft Essentials, paper - CTMH, sub-title sticker - CTMH, brads - unknown, cricut cartridge - Sentimentals.  Wow, I don't think I've ever used so few materials on a layout!!! 
 
Thanks so much for visiting!  Have a wonderful weekend!

No comments: