Friday, July 12, 2019

New Layout - Fears Tears and Pretty Ears

Happy Friday! I am soooo ready for the weekend, this week seemed to be especially stressful for some reason. I'm excited to scrap! I'm also excited to share a layout I FINALLY completed of dear daughter getting her ears pierced at 6 months old, over 7 years ago. I asked her pediatrician about pierced ears and she  said sooner rather than later was better. At 6 months, she wasn't yet able to pull on them and get them infected. I immediately decided to let the pediatrician pierce her ears and have NEVER regretted it. Maddie loves her earrings and we had no issues with infections or problems. I've been wanting to get these photos scrapped for a long time!



For the right page of my 2-page layout, I played along with TSR (The Scrap Room) July Freaky Fast Friday formula. The challenge is to choose a 12x12 piece of paper and then cut (5) pieces of specific sizes of other paper and then move them around until you like the design. I used really old CTMH coordinating papers. I used all (5) pieces and then added the white large journaling tag from CTMH. I originally started with a paper kit from Lickety Split Scrapbooks, but it was missing the purple pieces and I didn't like the background paper. I modified it quite a bit to find a design I liked that worked with my photos. I added really old rub-ons from 7 Gypsies and DaisyD's; a tab from Illustrating Faith, and hair bows from Queen & Co.

Here is the formula:




I also played along with Paper Issues Pinspire Me. This challenge is to use the pinterst image to inspire your layout. I was inspired by the red cherries. I used polka dot paper and red colors. I was also inspired by the center image "gold is the new black", as her earrings are gold and that inspired me to use these photos for my layout. Finally, I was inspired by the strings of lights to use twine from the Twinery to tie around my photos.  Come play along!

Here is the pinspire:


Thanks so much for visiting! Have a wonderful weekend!

No comments: