Saturday, August 2, 2014

Project Life - Week 4

Welcome to Project Life 2014! If you are new to my blog, welcome! I hope you will stay a while. I'm Jessica, wife to Juan, mommy to 2 year old Maddie. I am also an electrical engineer by day and I am participating in Project Life, a different way to record our lives by taking one photo a day. This was inspired by the fabulous Becky Higgins who has put together a wonderful kit to make this challenge easier.

I am using the digital kit on shutterfly. This digital version is SUPER easy to use! See my completed pages for 2012 using the Shutterfly Cobalt kit HERE. I will hopefully be posting my 2013 pages soon.


And finally, my POTW (pictures of the week) -



Wednesday - Maddie has a fever and although she is still playing and acting ok, I was concerned so we brought her to the Doctor. The said it was just a viral infection and to give her fluids. She loved the fish tank and the roller beads in the waiting room. 


Thursday - Maddie has been painting with water colors a LOT and her favorite color to paint with is BLACK. We have six sets of watercolors in which the black is completely gone and the other colors are all there. I have no idea why she likes black so much, but it is definitely her favorite.

Friday - There was an apartment fire less than a mile from our house tonight at 9400 Timberleaf Drive near Abrams and Forest just a mile away from our house. It was a five alarm fire and nearly 100 firefighters battled the fire for hours. One firefighter was injured with burns and 24 families were displaced. Most of the units were empty that caught fire.   


Saturday - We took the kiddos to Central Park in Lewisville this afternoon for a picnic and playground playtime. The kids had a great time playing and swinging. After an hour and a half or so, Vanessa said, "Are you kidding me, do you see what I see?" I look up and see a gun in the pants of a father not 10 feet away from us, pushing his child on the swings. I was dumbfounded. We didn't stick around to ask questions, but quickly loaded up the kiddos and headed out. The kiddos were not so happy about the quick departure. I called 911 as we left, there is a huge sign very clearly saying no firearms. The police were pulling in as we pulled out. When we got back to Vanessa's apartment, the police called me back to say that they pulled into the park and drew their weapons and scared everyone and it was a water gun. I'm pretty sure he was teasing, but I still didn't feel guilty. It looked pretty real to all of us and there were a ton of kids around. Why would you bring a real looking toy gun to a child's playground? Idiots!






Sunday - I made BBQ pulled pork today for dinner. We also gave Maddie her first bubble bath tonight. She loved the bubbles and loved giving herself a "beard". Maddie discovered the baby monitor in our room tonight and figured out that she could scream and it would pick up her voice in the other room and make the noise level lights go up and down. That kept her busy for about 10 minutes! Maria and Alfonso have been arriving on Sunday nights and staying until Friday with us for the past few months. Maddie likes to tell them goodnight. 






Monday - I purged Maddie's clothes and gave away a ton of her size 3 stuff. She is well into size 5T already! 

No comments: