Saturday, November 16, 2013

Project Life - Week 45

Welcome to Project Life 2013! If you are new to my blog, welcome! I hope you will stay a while. I'm Jessica, wife to Juan, mommy to 2 year old Maddie. I am also an electrical engineer by day and I am participating in Project Life, a different way to record our lives by taking one photo a day. This was inspired by the fabulous Becky Higgins who has put together a wonderful kit to make this challenge easier.

I am using the digital kit on shutterfly (hopefully Olive once it has been released), find more info at http://www.beckyhiggins.com/blog. This digital version uses Shutterfly and is SUPER easy to use! See my completed pages for 2012 using the Shutterfly Cobalt kit HERE.


And finally, my POTW (pictures of the week):




Thursday - Daddy was cutting his toenails, and Maddie said, "oh, me too, me too," and proceeded to dig out the fingernail clippers I use on her fingernails. Then she opened them and tried to clip her own toenails. She cracks me up.












Friday - Aunt Shanny arrived last night. Today after Maddie's nap, Aunt Shanny placed little birthday presents for her all down the stairs. Maddie was so excited. Aunt Shanny gave her playdough, a bucket full of bugs, and stickers. All perfect presents for Maddie. She immediately wanted to play with the bugs and the playdough. She really loves her Aunt Shanny. Aunt Shanny let Maddie wear one of her necklaces. Here is a cute video of the two of them together. Everytime Shannon left the room she said, "where Aunt Shanny go?" She also followed her all over the house. I'm not sure which of us was more excited she was here!





Saturday - Juan brought me Sprinkles Cupcakes for my birthday. They were YUMMY! I also made a Pinterest recipe for dinner tonight - Paula Dean's Crock Pot Potato Soup from Food for the Soul.

Paula Dean’s crockpot potato soup recipe. Combine 1 bag frozen hash browns, 2 (14oz) cans chicken broth, 1 can cream of chicken soup, 1/2c chopped onion, 1/3tsp black pepper. Cook in crock pot on low for 5hours. Stir in 8oz block of cream cheese, cook 30 minutes, stir occasionally.

Also today, Vanessa, Jakob and Ashlyn stopped by to bring me a birthday present - Season 4 of True Blood! Maddie was excited to see her cousins!



Sunday - Maddie loves her playdough and has been playing with it most of the day. She likes to roll it and cut it. She wants to get out every color at once, but we have been limiting her to two colors at a time.



Monday - As much I we didn't want her to, Aunt Shanny left today. We had an amazing time with her here and got a ton of scrapping done! Shannon and I stayed up until almost 2am every night - it's been forever since I've done that. Come again soon Aunt Shanny!

Thanks for visiting!

No comments: