Saturday, November 16, 2013

Project Life - Week 44

Welcome to Project Life 2013! If you are new to my blog, welcome! I hope you will stay a while. I'm Jessica, wife to Juan, mommy to 2 year old Maddie. I am also an electrical engineer by day and I am participating in Project Life, a different way to record our lives by taking one photo a day. This was inspired by the fabulous Becky Higgins who has put together a wonderful kit to make this challenge easier.

I am using the digital kit on shutterfly (hopefully Olive once it has been released), find more info at http://www.beckyhiggins.com/blog. This digital version uses Shutterfly and is SUPER easy to use! See my completed pages for 2012 using the Shutterfly Cobalt kit HERE.


And finally, my POTW (pictures of the week):



Tuesday - Our yard all ready for Halloween. Maddie loves the pumpkins and the hay bales.


Wednesday - Maddie is starting to speak quite a bit of Spanish. Today I heard, "Ayu-na-ne" her way of saying Ayudame (Help me). When I went to check on her, this is what I found. I really could not stop laughing! She also says: de nana, gracias, buenas dias, buenos noches, and can even count to six in Spanish.










Thursday - Maddie had a costume parade at school today. Her class was all dressed up and oh so cute! This evening, Jakob and Ashlyn came to trick-or-treat with Maddie. This was her first year, so they showed her the ropes. We went around our block. Maddie was so cute saying, "trick-or-treat, thank you," and "happy Halloween." At one house, the neighbor had a scary clown mask on. He didn't say anything, I think to try and not scare Maddie. After she took her candy we turned to leave and she said, "thank you Mr. Clown." She is so polite. Ashlyn wanted to hold Maddie's hand as they were walking. They are so cute together!
















Friday - We took Maddie to the Moss Haven playground today. She decided to try the big slide. After climbing up the easy way a couple of time, she decided to use the open ladder. I was terrified she was going to slip and fall, but she didn't. Then she wanted to try climbing the rainbow ladder. This one is really hard, I don't think I could even climb it. She made it almost all the way before asking for help. Then she immediately wanted to try again. She was so determined and tried about six time before we distracted her away. Here is the video. She also had a great time on the twisting slide. Here is the video. She cried when we told her it was time to go home!













Saturday - We asked Maddie what she wanted to do this weekend and she replied, "go see dinosaurs."  So here we are at the Perot museum checking out the dinosaurs. We also took her into a 20 minute 3D movie on bugs. Her first movie. She did NOT want to keep the glasses on and definitely did not understand you are supposed to be quiet, LOL! We also let Maddie play in the outdoor garden. She is such a little climber and scared me when she got to the top of the frog. She did have fun playing the xylophone. Another fun day as a family.


Monday - Gas is down to $2.95! That's awesome. In fact, I filled up last week for $2.86. I hope it stays this low for awhile.

Thanks for visiting!

No comments: