Sunday, October 20, 2013

My 1st Haircut - New Layout

Happy Sunday! We've had a busy weekend around here. We took Maddie to the Aquarium yesterday and on a horse drawn carriage ride. Today we got her pictures taken in her Halloween costume - adorable, and we have our neighborhood block party this evening - Whew.  I did manage to squeeze in a bit of scrapping after the little one went to sleep last night. This is Maddie's 1st haircut, if you can call it that. We only had her bangs cut, LOL! She was 18 months and did really good for her first time. As you can see in the photos, she was definitely a bit timid and anxious.


For this layout I played along with the Memory Nest - Make it Monday challenge - to use the Ombre. You choose the layout and the color. There was also a twist: use watercolors - sprays or mists - stencils - stamping. I used Ombre paper on both sides of my layout, on the left it is the burnt red background and goes from dark at the top to light at the bottom. I used a similar sheet in blue on the right hand side, but cut it in strips and then altered the strips so some faded light to dark and some faded dark to light. I used Lemon meallic mist from Maya Roads and stamps from CTMH. The stamps are the arrows on the right hand side and the parenthesis on the left. 

Here is the left side:

For the left side, I used this sketch from the Pagemaps - Greatest View sketch contest.  Here is the sketch:

This is the right side:


For the right side I used this sketch from Creative Scrappers #252.


Here are a couple of close-up photos:







Material Used:  I used almost all MME Cut & Paste product for this layout. I wanted to play with the new collection that I won a few weeks ago. The only product that was not MME was the mist - Maya Road; stamps - CTMH; ink - CTMH; haircut stickers - Jolee's; rickrack - Wrights; number stickers - EKSuccess; and the holder for the locket of hair - Creative Memories.

Thanks so much for visiting!

7 comments:

Terhi Koskinen said...

Oh, I love your ombre desing :)
What a cute haircut!

ScrappyGoodness said...

Love your layouts! Your ombre is awesome! Thank you for playing along with us at tMN.

Val-Belle said...

Ah how cute is she... she does look serious. I think she did great for a first time. I love the ombre effect that you created. So perfect with the red side... I find it hard to do it with the sprays... The other side is easier for me with the strips... Another gorgeous layout for Maddie. You are amazing Jessica :D

Leslie Germain said...

WOW, Jessica. Your layout using the ombre technique is amazing. I love your choice of colors and the way you put it all together. Cute pics. Thank you for joining us at tMN!
Leslie :)

Crystal Schneider said...

You did a great job with the ombre challenge. A first hair cut is a great memory to document. Thanks for joining us at the Memory Nest.

Jessica said...

Wonderful take on the ombre challenge. What a fun event to scrap and it turned out amazing!!!

Becky said...

Love the Ombre! Thanks for joining us at The Memory Nest!