Saturday, September 21, 2013

Project Life - Week 34

Welcome to Project Life 2013! If you are new to my blog, welcome! I hope you will stay a while. I'm Jessica, wife to Juan, mommy to 1 year old Maddie. I am also an electrical engineer by day and I am participating in Project Life, a different way to record our lives by taking one photo a day. This was inspired by the fabulous Becky Higgins who has put together a wonderful kit to make this challenge easier.

I am using the digital kit on shutterfly (hopefully Olive once it has been released), find more info at http://www.beckyhiggins.com/blog. This digital version uses Shutterfly and is SUPER easy to use! See my completed pages for 2012 using the Shutterfly Cobalt kit HERE.


And finally, my POTW (pictures of the week):




Wednesday - We took photos of Maddie for her 2nd Birthday invitations. She didn't really cooperate with the camera, so we are using this photo. She also decided today that she could count to 13! I'm not sure when she figured out how to put it all together, but she can go from 1 to 13 with no help at all. Sometimes she gets stuck on seven, but I am quite amazed by her on a daily basis.  Here is her invitation:





Thursday - Today I had jury duty at the Petite Court in Dallas. We were there waiting for about 4 hours and didn't even hear a case. The cases at this court are red light tickets and traffic accidents. I couldn't help but feel that my "civic duty" was a complete waste of time. It was held in the building where Jack Ruby shot Lee Harvey Oswald after the assassination of JFK. That was a bit interesting.



Saturday - Daddy worked on Maddie's Sesame Street sign today for her birthday party. He got a lot of it completed and I think it's going to be great! 




Sunday - Grocery shopping at Tom Thumb. Maddie does pretty good if we let her sit in the back of the buggy. She never wants to ride in the front. She often throws things into the buggy when we are not looking, so we have to keep an eye on her. She usually helps me pick out the onions and fruit.



Monday - I tried another new recipe from Pinterest tonight from Kitchen Confidante, Grilled Balsalmic - Garlic Crusted Pork Tenderloin. Another delicious recipe that I will definitely be making again. I just cooked it in the over as it was way too hot to grill.


Grilled Balsamic-Garlic Crusted Pork Tenderloin

YIELD: Serves 6.

Ingredients:

4-5 garlic cloves, finely minced or crushed
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
2 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 pork tenderloins (about 1¼ pounds each)
2 tablespoons canola oil (if preparing in oven)

Directions:


Stir together garlic, balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper, and olive oil in a small bowl. Rub the paste all over pork. If you like or have the time, marinate overnight. If not, no worries, it will still be great!
Grill preparation:
Sear the tenderloins on all sides, then grill for about 20-30 minutes, rotating every 10 minutes, until the internal temperature is 160 degrees. Try to let it rest before slicing.
Oven preparation:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Heat canola oil in a large, heavy saute pan over medium-high heat. Working in batches if necessary, add pork, and brown all over, about 4 minutes.
Transfer pan to oven. Roast pork, turning occasionally, until the internal temperature is 160 degrees, about 20 minutes. Transfer pork to a cutting board, and try to let it rest 10 minutes before slicing.

Thanks for visiting!

No comments: