Friday, September 20, 2013

Project Life - Week 31

Welcome to Project Life 2013! If you are new to my blog, welcome! I hope you will stay a while. I'm Jessica, wife to Juan, mommy to 1 year old Maddie. I am also an electrical engineer by day and I am participating in Project Life, a different way to record our lives by taking one photo a day. This was inspired by the fabulous Becky Higgins who has put together a wonderful kit to make this challenge easier.

I am using the digital kit on shutterfly (hopefully Olive once it has been released), find more info at http://www.beckyhiggins.com/blog. This digital version uses Shutterfly and is SUPER easy to use! See my completed pages for 2012 using the Shutterfly Cobalt kit HERE.


And finally, my POTW (pictures of the week):





Tuesday - When Maddie and I arrived home from Oklahoma, Daddy had bought pink roses for Mommy and a single white rose for Maddie to welcome us home.


Thursday - I was asked to be a Guest Designer at Sketches4All. I was pretty excited as this was my first Guest Designer position. I created a challenge for the month, using a PageMaps sketch and offered a prize.


Friday - Abuelita helping Maddie paint her dinoaur water painting. Maddie loves to paint, but loves the paint brushes even more.























Saturday - It was a very busy day today. We started off with a play date at Max's house with the 2017 Kindergarten Group. Henry and Craighton were both there as well. Then we headed to Eme's 2 year birthday party. It was at an ice cream shop. There was a bubble painting activity, a chalk board that Maddie had a ball writing on, a fishing activity where Maddie fished for some fun bracelets a glow necklace and a ring, and a outdoor bubble activity. Maddie had a great time, but was running all over the place. Outside she kept trying to drink the bubble mixture. This evening we were scheduled to attend Isabella's 6th birthday party, but it didn't start until 6pm and was almost an hour away in Desoto. Maddie was exhausted and we had a hard time getting her down for bed tonight.








Sunday - Yet another birthday party today. Today was Henry's 2 year birthday party. It was a mustache party. They had a photo booth with all sorts of mustaches and props to use. We tried to get Maddie in the photo booth a couple of times, but she was not really interested. They had a coloring table and a slide set up in the living room. There was even a mustache pinata, but Maddie had a meltdown before that started and we had to leave the party. She wanted a cupcake and Daddy told her no and she started screaming and crying and trying to take the other kids cupcakes. When we got home she was still saying "more birthday, more birthday, more Henry." I felt so bad for her. She completely understood that we were leaving early and because she was acting out. I gave her the cupcake when we got home and she fell asleep in her chair with the cupcake in her mouth. She was completely over exhausted. I guess a playdate and two birthday parties is a bit much for a 2 year old.


Video of Maddie and the Chalk Board at Eme's Party

Thanks for visiting!

No comments: