Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Project Life - Week 17



Welcome to Project Life 2013! If you are new to my blog, welcome! I hope you will stay a while. I'm Jessica, wife to Juan, mommy to 1 year old Maddie. I am also an electrical engineer by day and I am participating in Project Life, a different way to record our lives by taking one photo a day. This was inspired by the fabulous Becky Higgins who has put together a wonderful kit to make this challenge easier.

I am using the digital kit on shutterfly (hopefully Olive once it has been released), find more info at http://www.beckyhiggins.com/blog. This digital version uses Shutterfly and is SUPER easy to use! See my completed pages for 2012 using the Shutterfly Cobalt kit HERE.


And finally, my POTW (pictures of the week):



Tuesday - We still don't know why, but for some reason Maddie puts everything she can on her head and then says "Hap-P", "Hap-P". Today I was working on my laptop and heard "Hap-P" behind me. I knew before I turned around that she had some clothing article on her head, but I wasn't expecting it to be her shorts! She is so silly. This afternoon while I was changing Maddie on her changing table she picked up her shoes and said, "One, Two".  She later counted her blocks the same way. She can say three, but has yet to do it in sequence with one and two.


Wednesday - Our little rock garden is looking great. We have irises blooming, the bamboo is taking off and we just planed to little climbing rose vines for the trellis's. I love our backyard!


Thursday - This is one of the flowers in our little rock garden that is blooming. It was one that Juan's mother gave us and we planted at Chimneysweep last year. When we moved, Juan made sure to dig it up and bring it with us. I'm so glad that he did!




Friday - Our little garden is taking off. The broccoli is blooming, the cucumber vines are growing, the strawberries are constantly being picked and eaten by a little girl, and the beans are ready to be harvested. We are still waiting for the tomatoes and squash to decide what it is going to do.













Saturday - We had a very full day today. We started at Nana's where the cousins all finger painted. I thought Maddie would love the painting mess, but she really didn't. Ashyln and Jakob both did though. Then Vanessa and I made piggy's for the girls with little pipe-cleaner kits. They definitely liked the piggy's and carried them all over the yard. Then we headed to the Arboretum to do a bit of walking. We didn't get very far, as Maddie kept turning around and trying to walk in the opposite direction. Then we received a surprise phone call that Gaston had arrived and was waiting at our house. We hopped in the car and headed home. We spent the afternoon in the backyard catching up with Tio Gaston while Maddie played in the sandbox and on the swing. She was not bashful at all with Gaston, even sticking her sandy little hand in his water to help him eat his "ice". It was a long but fun day! There are even videos here of her showing off her letters. Juan was drawing letters in the sand and Maddie was telling everyone what letter it was.  The video is HERE, HERE, and HERE.


Sunday - We harvested our first little pile of green beans from the garden today.







Monday - Maddie loves our backyard. She loves playing with her plastic animals, making the seals and whales "swim, swim, swim", making the horsie gallop "neigh, neigh", and making the doggy bark, "ruff ruff". She is an active little thing.

thanks for visiting! 

No comments: