Saturday, May 11, 2013

Oh the Places You'll Go - New Layout

Happy Mother's Day! I have been wanting to scrap this photo of Maddie since the day I took it, over a year and a half ago. 




The NSD challenge over at Let's Scrap was the perfect opportunity to scrap this picture. Challenge #1 is to create a layout using a quote from your favorite book, it can be the title or somewhere on your layout. Let the book inspire the colors and details on your page. My title is "The More that you Read, the More that you Know. The more that you Learn, the more Places You'll Go!"  The problem is you also have to use a Let's Scrap sketch and I completely forgot. I instead used a sketch from Scrappy Friends - Grand Divas Scrappy Place May challenge sketch.

Here is the sketch I used:



I also played along with Scrap That's May Design Team challenge - to use banners. I used three different banners on this layout!

Here are a couple of close up photos:






Materials Used:  paper - Crate Paper; title stickers - Basic Grey and Heidi Swapp; banner - Basic Grey; ink - CTMH.

Thanks for visiting!

5 comments:

Val-Belle said...

Oh I just love love love this layout Jessica. She was such a tiny little thing...

Patricia Roebuck said...

Such a sweet page...beautiful!

Wanted to let you know you are the winner from my blog for the American Crafts National Scrapbook Day blog hop. email me at patriciaroebuck@bellsouth.net with our address and I'll get your goodies to you!

Tamika said...

so precious!

Anonymous said...

I am not able to view this web site properly on saffari I think there is a problem

Also visit my weblog :: having trouble getting pregnant after a miscarriage

Brenda said...

What an adorable page and beautiful take on the sketch! Thank you so much for participating in my sketch challenge this month at GCC!