Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Project Life - Week 8


Welcome to Project Life 2013! If you are new to my blog, welcome! I hope you will stay a while. I'm Jessica, wife to Juan, mommy to 1 year old Maddie. I am also an electrical engineer by day and I am participating in Project Life, a different way to record our lives by taking one photo a day. This was inspired by the fabulous Becky Higgins who has put together a wonderful kit to make this challenge easier.

I am using the digital kit on shutterfly (hopefully Olive once it has been released), find more info at http://www.beckyhiggins.com/blog. This digital version uses Shutterfly and is SUPER easy to use! See my completed pages for 2012 using the Shutterfly Cobalt kit HERE.


And finally, my POTW (pictures of the week):


Tuesday - Juan made a delicious dinner tonight, salmon with lemon butter sauce. Yummy and very nice to have a night off! Juan said that Maddie pooped in the potty chair today. He could tell that she was starting to poop, so he ran her upstairs to the potty chair. She had already started, but then finished in the potty chair! This evening, we were playing in Maddie's playroom and I was digging in her closet and found a wooden alphabet puzzle that Maddie got for her birthday and Juan put in the closet for when she was older. I opened it up and Maddie could not only match every letter to its space (although she hasn't figured out how to turn them to get them into the space) but she also picked up 5 letters and told me what they were. "O" which I knew that she knew, "B" which I thought maybe was a fluke, then she said "Q". That was definitely not a fluke. She also said "P" and "I". Wow! I was quite surprised.

Wednesday - Juan added new weather stripping to the front door and Maddie "helped". She was very into helping stick the screws in the baseboard for Daddy to screw in.

Thursday - Maddie found Daddy's watch and said, "neck, neck" and proceeded to wear it like a necklace. She is so goofy.

Friday - Once again, Daddy found Maddie in her doll crib instead of playing with it. She gets stuck and then hollars for help to get out.







Saturday - We took Nana to the new Perot Museum and then to lunch at Genghis Grill for her belated birthday. Maddie LOVED the kids area and played for over 1-1/2 hours. When we finally dragged her out, she cried until she saw that there was sooo much more to see. We will definitely be going back soon.

Sunday -  As I opened the garage door to head out to the car for church, Maddie ran by me and was instantly in the alley playing with the neighbors rocks. She loves being outside and looking for "bugs". When we dropped her off at church today she was crying and fighting me the entire corridor walk, but when we walked away we could tell that she had already stopped crying. When we returned, she had a sticker on her nose and was eating an animal cracker. I think she is starting to adjust a bit.

Monday - Daddy was working in the yard today, getting the garden tilled, weeding the rock garden and picking up after the dogs. We let Maddie run free while I made dinner. She loves the backyard and ran to the dogs many times shouting, "Mia, Mia, Mia." She also let the dogs lick her face and then tried to lick them back. She loves those dogs and they are getting really good with her. I am always afraid they will knock her over, but they do pretty good.

Have a great week!

1 comment:

Val-Belle said...

This is such a fun way to record daily life Jessica. I love the photos that you put up. She really is a cutie.