Sunday, November 11, 2012

The World is Your Oyster - New Challenge Layout

Happy Sunday everyone! I hope you had a scrappy weekend. We didn't do much, but I didn't seem to get much scrapping done either. Sort of a lazy weekend I guess. I did play around this afternoon in my scraproom and completed this layout.

It is another layout of Maddie on the beach in Aruba. I just love this picture of her looking out over the water.  I played along with Sketches with a Twist.  Their November challenge was to use the following sketch and a rubber stamp.  Here is the sketch, which I used for the right side of my layout:



I used two large stamps that I've had for ages. The starfish and the seashell. I used Making memories paint to stamp the images. I also used CTMH alpha stamps for the "the, is, and your" on the title.

For the left side I used the Once Upon a Sketch for November and rotated the photo.  I'm not so great at layering, a multitude of paper seashells and metal on top of burlap on top of painted stamps on pattern paper.  I overlapped the title over the photo and used burlap in lieu of honeycomb.  Here is the sketch:

Finally, I played along with Colorful Creations November Recipe challenge.  The challenge was to use at least two of the following techniques together: Stitching, distressing, dry embossing, wet embossing, or layering. I used stitching and layering for my two techniques. For the stitching, I cut a heart out on my cricut and then used it as a template for my stitching.

Here are a few closeup pictures:





Materials used:  Paper - Colorbok; floss - Bazzill; burlap - unknown; seashells - deluxcuts.com; metal shells - unknown; stamps - CTMH Chocolate Alphabet Small; ink - CTMH black; Quickutz - Washington; Cricut cartridge - Art Philosophy; metal frames - Making Memories.

Thanks for visiting!


11 comments:

Lizzyc said...

HI.. How very creative to incorporate all these challenges into your layout, and it looks wonderful too.. love the use of teh large photo and all the smaller ones.. great take on the sketches too, and thanks for joining in at Sketches with a Twist!

Unknown said...

absolutely gorgeous layout! Thanks for playing in my challenge!

Unknown said...

Wow, look at all those photos!! Amazing! I have to do an entire mini album to get that many photos in at once haha!!

Amazing how you incorporated both sketches, and that stitched heart is perfection!!

Thanks so much for joining us @ OUAS~!!

xErin

Lara said...

Very pretty! Love the stamping.

Laurie said...

great layouts, thanks for joining us at swat!

Nadia Cannizzo said...

Love the photos you have used and am sure your baby girl will definitely have a well documented life :) Thanks so much for playing along with us at OUAS .

Renata Moni said...

Beautiful work.Thanks for joining us at OUAS!

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

Wow, what gorgeous details. I love, love the large stitched heart!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Mona Pendleton said...

Wonderful layouts! Love all the pretty beach themed embellishments! Thanks for joining along with OUAS :)

Anna Zaprzelska said...

Stunning pages! Thanks so much for playing along with us at OUAS:-)

ddazzled71 said...

What a fabulous interpretation of the sketch converting it a double page layout. The wonderful details give is such a great beachy feel. Thanks so much for joining us at SWAT this Month and Good Luck!
Danie xx