Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Project Life - Week 38

Welcome to Project Life 2012! If you are new to my blog, welcome! I hope you will stay a while. I'm Jessica, wife to Juan, mommy to new baby Maddie. I am also an electrical engineer by day and I am participating in Project Life, a different way to record our lives by taking one photo a day. This was inspired by the fabulous Becky Higgins who has put together a wonderful kit to make this challenge easier.
I am using the digital Cobalt kit, find it at http://www.beckyhiggins.com/blog/2011/10/new-product-has-arrived/ This digital version uses Shutterfly and is SUPER easy to use! See my completed pages for 2012 at http://scraplifterdesigns.blogspot.com/p/project-life-layouts.html


And now my pictures of the week:










Sunday - Maddie's 1st birthday party was today. It turned out great and we celebrated with lots of friends and family. Since we missed Kayla's birthday, Maddie gave her a present and Kayla was quick to share it.  So sweet, I just love this picture of the girls together. Maddie was not as interested in the cake as I thought she would be. She tasted the frosting, but really didn't want much to do with it; although she did dump it on me during the later photos!  


Monday - We finally had Maddie open her birthday presents from us. She also received presents from Grandpa and Grandma Dragoo. Again, everything that she opened, she wanted to kiss. She liked this pull along bear that we got her. She's not sure how to pull it, but she tries.  

Tuesday - I made a collage of Maddie's monthly photos taken during her first year each month with her Elefant for her 1st birthday party. After the party, I took it all apart and made it into a little book for Maddie. She likes it a lot and would love to pull off the little embellishments if I would let her!  



Wednesday - I didn't see these pictures until I downloaded the weekly pictures from my camera chip.  Apparently Daddy took these when Maddie discovered that her new turn table was more fun to climb on top of! She is such a little dare-devil! I see many broken bones in her future.  




Thursday - Maddie loves technology. She loves laptops and keyboards and thought she was quite smart to reach the keyboard.  Today was her 1 year well baby exam. She weighs 28 lbs, is 32-1/2" tall and her head circumference is 18-3/4" (all are over the 95th percentiles)! She was very interested in all of the tools that Dr. Hubbard was using to examine her. She did not like the 4 shots (MMR, Chickenpox, Hepatitis A, and Ful) or the blood draw that came after. It was obvious that she didn't know what was going on. Her big tears broke my heart, but she quickly got over it and was her typical happy self for the rest of the day. She is such a tough little baby!  


Friday - Daddy took Maddie to the Arboretum today to see the Chihuly exhibit. I think they both had a good time. Maddie LOVES cottage cheese, as you can see. She loves it best when you let her eat it herself. She rarely uses utensils, except when to chew on them. I asked the Dr. about this and she said it was because Maddie is smart and she knows it is way more efficient to shovel it in with her hands than to use a little utensil!  




Saturday - This was the first weekend in ages that we didn't have a million things planned, so we gave Maddie a bath (which both her and Daddy love) and then headed off to Ft. Worth to the Botanical Gardens. It was a beautiful day and we managed a couple family pictures.

Thanks for visiting!

No comments: