Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Project Life - Week 30


Welcome to Project Life 2012! If you are new to my blog, welcome! I hope you will stay a while. I'm Jessica, wife to Juan, mommy to new baby Maddie. I am also an electrical engineer by day and I am participating in Project Life, a different way to record our lives by taking one photo a day. This was inspired by the fabulous Becky Higgins who has put together a wonderful kit to make this challenge easier.

I am using the digital Cobalt kit, find it at http://www.beckyhiggins.com/blog/2011/10/new-product-has-arrived/ This digital version uses Shutterfly and is SUPER easy to use! See my completed pages for 2012 at http://scraplifterdesigns.blogspot.com/p/project-life-layouts.html

And now my pictures of the week:









Sunday - We went to the Butterfly farm today. They breed all their own butterflies. It was a great little place and Maddie liked just hanging out in the stroller for awhile. Then we spent the afternoon at the pool in a little cabana. Maddie loved jumping off the side into Daddy's arms. Daddy also dunked her three times. Each time she came up coughing, but didn't cry or anything.


Monday - In ariports most of the day today, flying back to the States. Maddie did great on the planes, but it was a very long day for all of us. It took us about 13 hours total from the time we left the hotel until we arrived back at home, 7 hours in the air. We are still glad we went and that Maddie got her first taste of sand, salt, and sun....literally.



Tuesday - Juan brought me flowers today, little mini pink roses. They are quite beautiful on our dining room table. Maddie also thought it was fun to play peek-a-boo with Daddy and the curtain.


Wednesday - Maddie loves the "dog"s. She spends hours at the window and door watching them. We haven't let them roam free around her yet as they are just too big and unruly, but I think they will be good friends very soon.






Friday - Daddy taught Maddie how to climb on the couch today. She has been trying for days and then gets very frustrated when she can't get up there. Today, Daddy encouraged her and sure enough, up she went. Of course it helped there was a phone at the top to motivate her. I'm not sure I'm so thrilled with her new skill!






Saturday - Today was Maddie's 10 month photo session. She sure doesn't seem to want to smile for the camera, but I'm still glad we had them taken.

Thanks for visiting!

No comments: