Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Project Life - Week 20

Welcome to Project Life 2012! If you are new to my blog, welcome! I hope you will stay a while. I'm Jessica, wife to Juan, mommy to new baby Maddie. I am also an electrical engineer by day and I am participating in Project Life, a different way to record our lives by taking one photo a day. This was inspired by the fabulous Becky Higgins who has put together a wonderful kit to make this challenge easier.
I am using the digital Cobalt kit, find it at http://www.beckyhiggins.com/blog/2011/10/new-product-has-arrived/ This digital version uses Shutterfly and is SUPER easy to use! See my completed pages for 2012 at http://scraplifterdesigns.blogspot.com/p/project-life-layouts.html
And finally, my POTW (pictures of the week):




Sunday - For Mother's day, Maddie and Juan got me a gorgeous little necklace. We then headed over to Mom's house for a family bar-b-que.  Maddie had fun watching and playing with her cousins and with Nana. We ate some terrific grilled food, courtesy of Juan, and had a wonderful afternoon.  
Monday - Adam came over and Juan grilled, again. The pork was so good the previous day that we decided to replicate the wonderful meal.


Tuesday - Maddie is 8 months today. She is officially larger than her elephant! She is finally starting to like her stuffed elephant and loves to plant her face in its soft fur.



Wednesday - I can't believe how big Maddie is getting. She is now standing alone and pulls up by herself. Daddy loves playing a game with Maddie where he taps under her chin repetitively and she goes, bu-bu-bu-bu-bu-bu-bu-bu. I think Maddie enjoys it as much as Daddy does.




Thursday - Juan had his upper wisdom teeth pulled today. Amazingly enough, Dr. Marshall was able to do it with only a local anesthetic. Juan was already feeling better this evening. Tonight was the Art Program that Vanessa put together for her school. This year she even included a silent auction of selected student work. It was awesome and I placed bids on about 25 different pieces. I ended up going home with about 10 student works. Half the money raised went to the art program and half went directly to the students.  

Friday - Maddie still loves bathtime. In fact, if we take her into her bathroom to brush her teeth and don't let her take a bath, she screams and cries and throws a fit. We are currently using this great bath ring that keeps her from slipping. It works great and we love it.  
Saturday - We took Maddie to JCPenney's today to get her 8 months photos taken. Since she just started standing, Tiffany, our photographer had us hold Maddie's hands to showcase her new talent. I love how this picture turned out!   Thanks for Visiting!

No comments: