Saturday, January 14, 2012

Project Life 2012 POTD Week 1






Welcome to Project Life 2012! If you are new to my blog, welcome! I hope you will stay awhile. I'm Jessica, wife to Juan, mommy to new baby Maddie. I am also an electrical engineer by day and I am participating in Project Life, a different way to record our lives by taking one photo a day. This was inspired by the fabulous Becky Higgins who has put together a wonderful kit to make this challenge easier.

I am using the digital Cobalt kit, find it at http://www.beckyhiggins.com/blog/2011/10/new-product-has-arrived/ This digital version uses Shutterfly and is SUPER easy to use! I began Project Life in 2010 and while I managed to photograph and journal every day, I have not yet finished the album (in fact, I only completed pages through February). In 2011 I also did a great job with photographing each day, but I still didn’t have anything in the album, so I decided to go the digital route. I completed my entire 2011 album using Becky’s digital Clementine album in the first two weeks of January this year. It was so easy that I am determined to complete 2012 before the New Year rings! 2011 was a big year for me as I was pregnant and had our first baby. I love all the journaling I was able to include. To see a few of my 2011 layouts check out: http://scraplifterdesigns.blogspot.com/2012/01/potd-2011-week-36-37-38-39-40-41-42.html and http://scraplifterdesigns.blogspot.com/2012/01/potd-week-1-2-3-4-5-48-49-50-51-52-load.html


Don't worry, I'm not leaving traditional scrapbooking behind. This just gives me the opportunity to focus my scrapbooking on new baby, vacations and things that are important to me right now and not get all bogged down with every birthday, dinner, and holiday that comes along.


Each Tuesday, I will post my pictures/journaling from the previous week. Project Life Tuesday was created by Jessica Turner over at The Mom Creative and she hosts a linky for readers to link up their pictures. So if you want to join in or want to see others POTW, just click the Project Lift button at the top of this post.
I love creating scrapbooks with a POTD (Picture of the Day). I think it's a great way to get in all those little life moments that otherwise might not make it into an album. Of course, with a new baby, I know most days are going to be photos of her; but I'm ok with that.  


Without further ado, 2012 is off:

Sunday - Maddie loves her silly Monkey and crazy Birdie that hang on her play mat. Today she grabbed the birdie's ring all by herself; of course I think it was accidental, but once she had it she wouldn't let it go.



Monday - Ok, I couldn't pick just one photo today! I play patty cake with Maddie on my lap every day, so this shot has to be included and then crazy Daddy Juan decided to string up Maddie's butterfly over the beam so it could truly FLY over her. They played like that for over an hour!

Tuesday - Maddie right now.....lifting up her head and drooling.

Wednesday - Daddy loved Maddie in her Piggy and her Peacock bath towels so much that he came home the other day with an Elephant!  Maddie likes the trunk.


Thursday - Maddie seemed so interested in my laptop! I think she's going to be a tech junkie.


Friday - It was a beautiful day today, so I suggested going to the Arboretum after work. Unfortunately while driving there I hit a pothole and blew out my tire. Juan changed it quickly and we were on our way again, although when we got to the Arboretum Maddie was in melt down mode, so we just returned home.




Saturday - Today was Ashlyn's 1 year birthday party. She was adorable and I just loved her little dress!
Thanks for visiting me! I encourage you to join in Project Life. It's a wonderful little project!



2 comments:

Alison said...

Your little Maddie is coming on a treat...love the pic of you both with the laptop!
Alison xx

Carolina said...

I have followed your advice and started project life, but directly on a Shutterfly album. I figured it would save me some work!