Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Project Life Tuesday - Week 36




Welcome to Project Life Tuesday 2011! If you are new to my blog, welcome! I hope you will stay awhile. I'm Jessica and I am participating in Project Life, a different way to record our lives by taking one photo a day. This was inspired by the fabulous Becky Higgins who has put together a wonderful kit to make this challenge easier.

Don't worry, I'm not leaving traditional scrapbooking behind. This just gives me the opportunity to focus my scrapbooking on trips and things that are important to me right now and not get all bogged down with every birthday, dinner, and holiday that comes along.

Each Tuesday, I will post my pictures/journaling from the previous week. Project Life Tuesday was created by Jessica Turner over at The Mom Creative and she hosts a linky for readers to link up their pictures. So if you want to join in or want to see others POTW, just click the Project Lift button at the top of this post.

And finally, my POTW:

Saturday - My besties, Angie and Shannon, threw me an amazing baby shower today at my mom's house.  The pink cake in this photo is a clothes cake with about a million pink onsies and adorable outfits. The delicious concoctions seen are the wonderful desserts. We played baby Bunko and snacked on yummy sugary treats. The theme was PINK so everything down to the pencils were pink. It was a lovely day! Thanks chicas!






Sunday - I had to create a photo collage of the little ones at my shower, Ashlyn, Jakob, and Kayla. Juan attended as the official photographer and of course I had to add a photo of my mom, myself and my sis.


Monday - Angie returned home yesterday, but since today was Labor Day and Shannon and I both had the day off, she stuck around to scrap the day away with me. We actually got quite a few layouts done this weekend even with all the events.


Tuesday - Juan brought me home flowers again today because I am pregnant. He said it was to thank me for taking care of our baby. How sweet is he?


Wednesday - Today I am officially 35 weeks pregnant! Only a few short weeks left to go. This week I have become seriously uncomfortable. Coco persists in hanging out on my right side and stretching me to the point of pain...I'm not sure why she likes that side so much. I am also awaking every hour all night long as she hangs out on my bladder. My back is consistantly aching and I seem to be swelling all over. I am hoping that she decides to arrive early, but I'm not holding my breath. Our baby doesn't have much room to maneuver now that she's over 18 inches long and tips the scales at 5 1/4 pounds (pick up a honeydew melon). Because it's so snug in my womb, she isn't likely to be doing somersaults anymore, but the number of times she kicks should remain about the same, and she is kicking me HARD. Her kidneys are fully developed now, and her liver can process some waste products. Most of her basic physical development is now complete — she'll spend the next few weeks putting on weight. Pregnancy stats: 248.1 lbs.


Thursday - My MIL belongs to a Cancer Survivors group. Juan has attended a few monthly meetings to take group photos and individual portraits that he edited for them, free of charge. To thank him, they asked if they could throw us a baby shower at this month's meeting. We were overwhelmed by their generosity when they brought out a ton of gifts! We never expected every family to have brought us so much. We left with a ton of clothes, diapers, bottles, socks, and adorable blankets for Coco. Very few people there spoke English so it was a bit difficult to express my gratitude for their thoughtfulness! What an unexpected gift!!!



Friday - A co-worker of Juan's sent this photo to me today via email. He was helping them sell popscicles in the office to raise money for Canstruction.  Don't ask me where his pants are....I never could get a straight answer from him.  I also had layouts featured this week on two different blog sites.  How cool is that?

Thanks so much for visiting our little piece of life this week.  Hopefully, I will be posting POTD very soon that have a newborn in them!



1 comment:

Alison said...

Looks like a busy week, Jessica...you look so well and happy!
Alison xx