Thursday, March 24, 2011

SC Spring Fling, Creative Scrappers, Apron Strings Birthday Party Challenge Layout

Hi!  Are you as excited for this weekend as I am?  I completed my FINAL layout for our California Vacation Albums... 118 pages total!  Wow! No wonder I am so far behind; but there is nothing like finishing an album or event.  This layout was just a couple of misc. paper guides that I wanted to save.  I combined a couple of challenges to complete this layout.

Here is my layout:


First, I used a sketch from Creative Scrappers - Sketch #145.  I loved the circles on this layout and it seemed to be a good one once I rotated it.  I even added yellow paint and a metal paint brush to create the yellow splatters.  Here is the sketch:
Second, I used the Spring Fling Photo Inspiration Challenge over at Scrapbook Challenges!


This Spring season a lot of designers are using rich vibrant colors and fun graphic prints in their designs. So, my challenge to you is to take some color, print element, or combination from any or all of the following photos and use it on a layout, card, or other papercrafting project. Anything that inspires you counts. And it doesn’t have to be the SAME color or print. Just be inspired.

I saw this and immediately thought stripes and bright orange and yellow colors.  I picked the pattern papers to mimic the clothing in the photos.

Finally, I used the Apron Strings - Birthday Party Day #16 Challenge.  This challenge was to add your scrapbook version of balloons by incorporating round items; at least two pieces must be larger than 3 inches.  My circles are 6-1/2", 3-1/2", 2", and 1".  They worked just perfect with the sketch.




Here are a couple of detailed photos.  I used a brochure holder for the map so that it could be pulled out later and the Wine Tasting passport folds out to read the wineries listed inside. 




I really like how the paint splatters turned out.  I will be using this technique again.

Materials Used:  paper - Crate Paper, misc. scraps; paint - Making Memories lemon; plastic brochure holder - Creative Memories; title - unknown.

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you head over to the blogsites linked above and participate in their challenges.  There are great DT examples on all of them!

4 comments:

Patchi said...

Great LO! I love the clear brochure holder - I use pockets but then you can't see the whole brochure... What a great idea!

Briel said...

Great work! I love the paint splatters too. I'm nervous to try something like this, but I think that I'm getting closer to taking the plunge. Congrats on finishing the album too!

Unknown said...

Wow that must be SOME album! I absolutely love the paint too, very creative!

Lori said...

First congrats on the finished album, always a milestone for us scrappers! Second, love the colors of the papers, perfect for the feel of the page and the elements on it. Finally, love the paint in the corners. I did this once, yes ONCE, with mists for a class and loved the look, but have yet to repeat the process. Thanks for making me think of it again.