Friday, January 28, 2011

Let's Scrap - Resolution #2 & #14 LO Complete

Hi all! Thanks for stopping by. I can't believe I haven't posted a layout since last weekend.  Being back at work definitely has reduced my creative time!  I finally completed a couple more resolution challenges over at Let's Scrap for their blog hop. There are 15 different resolutions, so there is something for everyone. My layout is about the Benzinger Winery that we visited in Sonoma. 

Here is the LS sketch my layout is based on 3-31-10:


And here is my layout:


The left side of my layout is for Kristin's Resolution #2 - Use at least 3 of these colors on your layout and use one of the wonderful Let’s Scrap sketches from last year.  Here are the colors:  The right side of my layout is for Tracey's Resolution #14 - Numbers challenge – Make a card or layout (the card doesn’t require a Let’s Scrap sketch but you must use one if you do a layout) with the following on it 1 x lace/ribbon, 2 x pattern paper, 3 x flowers and 4 x bling/gems.



So I really goofed these resolutions up. I originally created my "Cannery Row" layout for the color resolution.  With all of my California photos, this color combo was very difficult for me.  When my "Cannery Row" layout was complete I got all confused and posted it for two different resolutions (stitching and grommets) and completely forgot that I specifically created the layout for the color challenge.  So for the past few days I have been trying to get these photos to work with this color combo.  I also wanted to use it for the numbers challenge.  The problem was that I used three flowers on the left and planned to use the left side for the numbers challenge but then realized I had used three patterned papers.  The right side only had two pattern papers, but it only had two flowers.  To make things worse, I had four bling on the left, but only two on the right.  I had even photographed my page and was getting ready to post when I realized I had goofed up again!  I ended up adding an additional flower on the right as the dot on the eye and added two more small bling on the black border punch just adjacent to the flowers.  It all turned out ok in the end, but obviously my brain is not working well.  LOL!

Here are a couple of detail shots to prove there really are four blings on the right hand side!



Materials Used:  stamps - CTMH Whimsey, True Love, and Playful Flourishes; papers - Mustard Moon & misc. scraps; brad/gems - unknown; flowers - Prima floral embellishment; border punches - Martha Stewart; wood sign - Karen Foster Design; riboon - unknown; ink - CTMH Vineyard Berry & Pansy Purple; grapes and glasses title - Paper Wizard.


Thanks so much for visiting! Have a wonderful weekend!

1 comment:

Betty Anne said...

Your layout turned out fantastic Jessica, you would never know about all the goofs had you not mentioned them LOL.