Sunday, January 21, 2018

Project Life - Week 2

Welcome to Project Life 2018! If you are new to my blog, welcome! I hope you will stay a while. I'm Jessica, wife to Juan, mommy to 6 year old Maddie. I am also an electrical engineer by day and I am participating in Project Life, a different way to record our lives by taking one photo a day. This was inspired by the fabulous Becky Higgins.

I missed posting most of last year and am determined to do better this year!


And finally, my POTW (pictures of the week) - 

Monday - I've been feeling poorly with some version of the flu and Maddie was bored and asked if she could use my water colors.  I reminded her she had her own and then let her use my water pens. She painted and painted and decided that she wanted to start a "gallery".




Tuesday - I was still feeling pretty miserable today and stayed home from work. Maddie kept me company after school by tying every pillow, blanket, and stuffed animal she had into a make shift bed. 



Wednesday - Still not feeling well today, but I had a ton of OAC meetings that I called in for and ended up working the entire day from home. 



Thursday - Maddie's art class created self-portraits. Maddie's is on the 2nd row, all the way to the right. Maddie asked to open her art painting set she received for her birthday. I gave her a canvas and she went to town. She was so absorbed in her creation. I just love her focus.





Friday - Juan saw Maddie painting on that teeny tiny easel and brought her a bigger one in from the garage. Maddie worked on her tiger painting more and said she wanted to include it in her "gallery." I still feel pretty miserable, but we had Maddie's first Kindergarten parent/teacher conference this afternoon with Ms. Gillum. Maddie is doing fantastic. She is reading at a 2nd grade level and in the 96-99 percentile of all Kindergartners in the district. She scored perfect on her math test and Ms. Gillum said that while she does get "silly" once in awhile, she is respectful when corrected and immediately follows directions. When I talked to Maddie about that comment she said, "So we know Mama that I'm better at school than I am around here." Ms. Gillum also said she was pulled out of class in December to be tested for REACH (Gifted and talented) and we should hear the results in January. She said that Maddie is very verbal and makes significant leaps in connecting things and has a great memory. I'm so proud of my little girl. Tonight, Maddie and Daddy and then Maddie and I played Uno, one of Maddie's favorite games.




Saturday - I spent the day sleeping and scrapbooking! I'll post pictures soon of my creations.

Sunday - Today Maddie attended Jackson's 6th birthday party at Altitude Trampoline Park. Jackson is in her class at school. We have never been and Maddie had a blast. She didn't stop jumping the entire 2 hours! She loved the jousting beam and went up against her good friend "Walker" many times. Catherine, Emily, Layla, and Clara were all there to play with as well.









Thanks for visiting!

No comments: