Sunday, May 24, 2015

Project Life - Week 14

Welcome to Project Life 2015! If you are new to my blog, welcome! I hope you will stay a while. I'm Jessica, wife to Juan, mommy to 3 year old Maddie. I am also an electrical engineer by day and I am participating in Project Life, a different way to record our lives by taking one photo a day. This was inspired by the fabulous Becky Higgins.

I am using a digital kit on Shutterfly. This digital version is SUPER easy to use! See my completed pages for 2012 using the Shutterfly - Project Life Turquoise Edition HERE and my 2013 album using the Shutterfly - Project Life Childhood - Mayfield Edition HERE I will hopefully be posting my 2014 pages soon.


And finally, my POTW (pictures of the week) - 



Thursday - I tried another new Pinterest recipe tonight. It was pretty good and I would probably make again.

Crock Pot Pesto Ranch Chicken Thighs

Crock Pot Pesto Ranch Chicken Thighs 1 textIngredients
Directions
  1. Turn crock pot to high setting. Place chicken thighs, pesto, ranch dressingand chicken broth into crock pot. Stir gently to combine all seasonings. Close with lid and cook on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 6-8 hours.



Friday - Maddie's class is learning about bugs and they all made spider webs today. Maddie loves bugs!


Saturday - My anniversary gift from Juan arrived from Mexico today. It is simple, but I love it. It now sits on our mantle.











Sunday - Today is Easter Sunday. Maddie was very excited to see what the Easter bunny brought her. She was the most excited about her new watch. After church we went to see the new movie HOME. It was a great movie and we all enjoyed our wonderful day.





Monday - Maddie loves bubbles and had a blast this afternoon with her new bubble gun.










Tuesday - Maddie's new big girl bed arrived today and I picked it up at Pottery Barn. Daddy put it together this evening and Maddie was very excited to sleep in it tonight! While Daddy was putting it together, Juan and I were fussing at each other. Maddie went up to Daddy who was sitting on the floor and put her hands on his head and softly said:  "Just calm down daddy."

Tonight Maddie still wanted me to read her a story. Tonight it was Rosie Revere the Engineer - one of my favorites! She is just the sweetest little thing. She can now put on her jammies by herself, go potty by herself, and brush her teeth by herself. We do help finish off her brushing, but she pretty much does it all herself. Once she is in bed, we turn on her night light, read a book, say her prayers, and sing a song. She usually wants me to "pat her back" while I am singing her song. She is still sleeping with her "blankie", although it does not leave the house.







Wednesday - School art projects that Maddie brought home. She is learning so much! Maddie can buckle herself into the car seat. She's been potty trained, except at night for about three months. Now she only uses a diaper/pull-up at night. We took off her pull-up last night and she wore her big girl chones because she is in a "big girl bed" and she did great! Hopefully we have seen the last of the pull-ups.

Conversation between Mommy and Maddie.
Mom: Did you sleep good in your new big girl bed?
Maddie: Yes.
Mom: You are such a big girl, you are not a baby anymore.
Maddie: But I will always be your baby, right?
Mom: Right.
Conversation today with Maddie.
Maddie: Do we have time to watch a  movie?
Mom: No, we have to go school in just a few minutes.
Maddie: How long do we have?
Mom: About 10 minutes.
Maddie: That’s like ½ an hour!

Mom: Why are all you friends in here on our floor?  (Maddie's stuffed animals were all in our bedroom on the floor)
Maddie: I brought them in here.
Mom: Why?
Maddie: They wanted to have a celebrate.
Mom: What are they celebrating?
Maddie: Me!

Thanks for visiting!




No comments: