Friday, May 15, 2015

Project Life - Week 12

Welcome to Project Life 2015! If you are new to my blog, welcome! I hope you will stay a while. I'm Jessica, wife to Juan, mommy to 3 year old Maddie. I am also an electrical engineer by day and I am participating in Project Life, a different way to record our lives by taking one photo a day. This was inspired by the fabulous Becky Higgins.

I am using a digital kit on Shutterfly. This digital version is SUPER easy to use! See my completed pages for 2012 using the Shutterfly - Project Life Turquoise Edition HERE and my 2013 album using the Shutterfly - Project Life Childhood - Mayfield Edition HERE I will hopefully be posting my 2014 pages soon.


And finally, my POTW (pictures of the week) - 




Thursday - Maddie has been practicing her cutting and gluing at school. She is getting good at both.













Saturday - Today we got Maddie's pictures taken in her Easter dress. I really love these and we also had Easter cards made to send out to friends and family. Tomorrow is our 6th Anniversary so we made reservations this evening at Abacus. I was so excited, it was the first nice dinner Juan and I have been out to since our anniversary dinner last year. My mom came over to babysit and I was pumped to leave early to have drinks. Unfortunately they were ready for us when we arrived, so our relaxed dinner with pre-drinks turned into drinks with dinner. This quickly turned into the worst anniversary dinner EVER! During our appetizer Juan commented that he measured our bedroom and the new desk we bought him last weekend wasn't going to fit so he was taking Maddie's playroom. This is an argument we've had numerous times in the last couple of months. It usually ends up with me very upset that he wants to take over her playroom when we have a huge open office area in our bedroom and he frustrated that he feels he is the only one without a room of his own. Why he thought our anniversary dinner was the best time to bring up this sore topic yet again was beyond me. I ended up in tears, the food terrible tasting, and we were home by 8pm. There were no movies playing that we wanted to see and Juan wasn't open to taking a walk or spending time together. I was extremely upset and slept downstairs. I left his anniversary card and a note telling him of his gift on the kitchen table. I got him a Magnolia tree. The 6th year gift is wood/iron. He has been missing his ever since he moved out of his Serenade house years ago. We've been talking about wanting another tree in the front yard, but we don't want something too big. I thought a "Little Gem" magnolia tree was perfect. It is supposed to get about 20' tall and bloom 8-9 months of the year. He left the house early Sunday morning to go to Starbucks and study. He came home later and had bought me a card and said my gift would be arriving in a few days he ordered it from Mexico. We tried to make up a little bit, but feelings were pretty hurt and will be raw for a few days. I doubt I will ever be able to return to Abacus for a meal.

Thanks for visiting!

No comments: