Friday, October 4, 2013

Project Life - Week 39

Welcome to Project Life 2013! If you are new to my blog, welcome! I hope you will stay a while. I'm Jessica, wife to Juan, mommy to 1 year old Maddie. I am also an electrical engineer by day and I am participating in Project Life, a different way to record our lives by taking one photo a day. This was inspired by the fabulous Becky Higgins who has put together a wonderful kit to make this challenge easier.

I am using the digital kit on shutterfly (hopefully Olive once it has been released), find more info at http://www.beckyhiggins.com/blog. This digital version uses Shutterfly and is SUPER easy to use! See my completed pages for 2012 using the Shutterfly Cobalt kit HERE.


And finally, my POTW (pictures of the week):


WINNER!!!!!!!!!!






Wednesday - This is the MOST amazing thing I have EVER won, in my entire life! I won the ENTIRE Cut and Paste collection by My Mind's Eye on FACEBOOK. I often scroll through Facebook and sign up for contests, but I never dreamed I would win such an AWESOME prize. MME is one of my absolute FAVORITE manufacturers. I have parts and pieces of every collection they've made. This just happens to be one of their BRAND NEW collections. I didn't just win one set from the collection, I won the ENTIRE collection - 4 separate complete packages, each including 10 double sided papers, chipboard, stickers, brads, buttons, journaling blocks, stamps, titles, phrases, misc. embellishments, and on and on. I also won every washi tape from each set - 16 washi tapes in all and (4) 6x6 paper packs - one from each set. How unbelievably cool is that? I am still drooling over all the fabulousness! Oh, and did I mention that these kits are super cool? I love everything about every one of them. Now I'm going to have to go purchase another set of double sided paper from each set so that I can create my typical 2 page layouts!  LOVE MY MIND'S EYE and HIGHLY recommend liking them on Facebook and entering their contests!!!!!!!




Thursday - Maddie loves crawling under the couch. She is really too big to be under there and has to turn her head just to squeeze beneath it; but she refuses to quit finding her way beneath. She cracks us up on a daily basis. She is talking sooooo much.  This week we heard:  
"What be that?"
"What's that Mommy?"
"Whoopy"  (for whoopsie)
"We go swimming?"
"Stop at store Daddy"
"Come on Daddy"
"Dora, Dora, Dora"
"Swiper No Swiping"



Friday - Jaime came to Dallas with his girlfriend to pick up her mother and sister that had flown in from Columbia. It was actually their first time ever to visit the US. 











Saturday - Today we went to sweet Noel's 1st year birthday party in Arlington. It was a Sesame Street theme and Maddie had a lot of fun blowing bubbles, playing with duckies, and even having her face painted.  Daddy painted her face and totally missed the Sesame Street theme, opting for a French man instead. Maddie had a meltdown when Noel opened her presents, not understanding why she couldn't open them. I took her out of the room and we had a talk explaining it was Noel's birthday. We returned to the room and Maddie didn't try to open the presents, but she wanted to play with the presents already opened. I can't blame her for being confused as she was playing with Noel's toys all afternoon and it must have seemed illogical as to why she couldn't play with these new toys. She started to melt down again and Juan decided it was time to leave, with led to a full on meltdown. Daddy is not quite adept at dealing with meltdowns and himself got more angry, which only inflamed the situation. It didn't help that many of the activities were planned for outside and it was pouring the entire party. Maddie desperately wanted to go outside, so when we got home I put on her rain boots, rain coat and out we went into the rain. Maddie thought it was the funnest thing she had ever experienced in her life. The puddles were relatively small, but she loved jumping and splashing in them. After about 30-45 minutes I finally had to drag her inside as I was soaked to the bone. She has been putting on her rain boots and asking to go out in the rain ever since, too bad it hasn't rained again.
















Sunday - We took Maddie to the Merriman Park today. We had never been, only to the Merriman Elementary school. The playground was awesome for younger kids and Maddie had no trouble climbing on any of it. She had a blast on the slide and chased around a couple of older boys trying to mimic what they were doing. She had a great time and did NOT want to leave.

Thanks for visiting!

No comments: