Wednesday, April 17, 2013

SYTYCS #15 - Baby Accordion Album

Hello fellow crafters!  I have not had any free time to scrap, but I did make it to week #15 of the "So You Think You Can Scrap" challenge over at Colorful Creations.  This week the requirement was not to create a scrapbook page, but an accordion album. This one just about had me bailing out of the competition. With the little time I have to scrap, I really want to scrap pages for Maddie's album. Creating a random mini-album was not on my to do list. After debating for most of the week, I decided to create a baby album for my friends baby shower that I am hosting for her this weekend.  The only kicker is the requirements were to have the album completed, including pictures.

Here is my album, and yes I filled in pictures of Maddie that I plan to remove. It is actually a baby boy album, LOL!


Here is the front. I used a ribbon and a little heart clasp to close the album.


The other requirements were: 

  • Only use ONE manufacturer line. All papers (except your cardstock) must be from the same line, same collection.  50% of your embellishments must also be from this line.  I used all My Mind's Eye - Lost & Found line. Everything is from this line including the twine except for the ribbon, clasp, thickers date stickers, a single rub-on and the two journaling blocks.
  • You must have your album fully completed. That means photos on each page and all. I added photos to each page, but plan to remove them to give the album as a gift.
  • Somewhere in your album you must use twine or ribbon - I used twine on the banner and ribbon to clasp it all together.
  • at least 2 of your facing pages MUST be coordinating page (as you would do for a double page layout) - All of my pages were completed as coordinating pages.
  • the picture you post of your album MUST show the entire album so we can see each page (refer to the example below) - My picture shows the entire album, every page.

Materials Used: paper - MME, 3D stickers - MME; clasp - unknown; ribbon - unknown; twine - MME; journaling blocks - CTMH; rub-on - daisyd's.

Thanks for visiting!

No comments: